Ping Phoenix

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by UCHEEKYMONKEY, Apr 8, 2007.

1. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

UCHEEKYMONKEY R.I.P - gone but never forgotten. Gold Member

This recent enough for you???

Wireless PCs at risk from hackers

Source:- Yorkshire News 04 April 2007

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia N+
  2. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

Perhaps an equally obvious story such as 'people crossing road at risk of being run over' would suffice

This is again an example of the media spreading FUD, an industry that has not taken security seriously, coupled with a userbase that has no business playing with technology they dont understand without accepting the consequences

it is however, hardly news worthy

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  3. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

UCHEEKYMONKEY R.I.P - gone but never forgotten. Gold Member

So Phoenix are you going to fess up as to why you looked so serious in those pictures from the CF meeting?

On another note is there going to be another section where all those photos will be posted?

Like TU have??

Tech-Unity Forums Photo Gallery

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia N+
  4. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

To pick up on the theme of Ryan's post - these days I don't trust *any* news article that purports to be about a technical subject. If it looks interesting I try and find the source of the story.

Many of these articles are writen by writers who know nothing of the technology, are edited by editors who also know nothing, and are proof-read (sometimes) by people equaly ignorant. And in this case I wouldn't be surprised to find that the article in question was syndicated from elsewhere, and used as a space-filler.

Harry (in rant mode)

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+