Ping d-Faktor

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by ffreeloader, Jul 27, 2005.

1. ffreeloader

ffreeloader Terabyte Poster

Hey d-Faktor,

Glad you registered. I look forward to reading many of your great posts. We are very lucky to have to have you here.

I can't tell you how good it is to see you back in an IT forum. You're far too good at this to not use your skills.

To all,

d-Faktor will be an incredible resource here as I've met very few people with the same combination of willingness to help others and great technical acumen. Having d-Faktor join an online community is a great plus.

Certifications: MCSE, MCDBA, CCNA, A+
    WIP: LPIC 1
  2. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Wow! Getting to be a lot of familiar "faces" around here. Welcome, d-Faktor. :)

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  3. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Hi d-Faktor - welcome to CF. What's your background ?

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  4. ffreeloader

LOL.

d-Faktor dropped me an email this morning saying she had joined the site so when I welcomed her I hadn't bothered to look in the membership list. Now I can't find her membership list anywhere. :oops:

I just dropped her an email trying to figure out what happened. She will be here one way or another as d-Faktor is reliable, I just am unsure as to what happened right now.

5. d-Faktor
    Honorary Member

d-Faktor R.I.P - gone but never forgotten.

thanks for the intro, freddy, you're too kind.

hey trip! good to see you. yeah, it's amazing how one keeps running into the same people all over the place. cf, tech-unity, xeebra, mcseworld, securilyspeaking, it's a 'small' world, i guess. actually, until recently i wasn't aware of this particular site, so i thought i'd check it out. looks like y'all got a nice place here. and just like at t-u, i'll be happy to contribute where i can.

jakamoko, my background is nothing special. as far as certs are concerned i'm an mcp, mcsa, mcse (including the messaging and security specializations) on nt4, 2k and 2k3, cca, ccna, and i have some itil certs. professionally i have worked for years as a consultant in the infotech biz. at my last job i was the senior sys engineer at a fairly large enterprise. i quit that job, and the infotech biz, some months ago, for personal reasons.
    oh, and i'm dutch. :dry

oh, freddy, the memberlist is here: http://www.certforums.co.uk/forums/memberlist.php?, and this is me http://www.certforums.co.uk/forums/member.php?u=1953
    see, i'm already contributing... :p

6. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

Welcome to the forum d-Faktor, glad you found us :biggrin

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong
  7. ffreeloader

8. d-Faktor
    Honorary Member

i hadn't posted anything yet. maybe the forum software requires a member to have at least one post before the listing is visible?

9. ffreeloader

Could be, I was just rather startled when I couldn't find your name in the membership list, as you said you'd already joined.

I've never been on another forum where names weren't posted in the membership list until they had made a post. Oh well, something new every day. Live and learn.

10. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Hi and welcome to the forum. Hope you like it.:D

Pretty soon we'll have to rename this place to CertUnity.:ohmy

Edit: BTW are you still in Holland? If so you're just up the road from me.:D

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  11. d-Faktor
    Honorary Member

yup. still in holland. and no intention of leaving. wow, switzerland, huh?! well, i wouldn't exactly call it 'up the road', but it's close. :biggrin
    i think switzerland is actually one of the few european countries i've never been to. although i'm still planning to visit a friend of mine who moved to baar recently.

12. snoopy51

snoopy51 Bit Poster

jakamoko, don't let her fool you. She is one smart lady! Whenever I am stucked with a problem, the first thing I said, "If I was D-Faktor, what would I do?"

Welcome, D! :D

Certifications: MCSE (2K, 2K3), MCDBA, IBM CP, LPIC-1
    WIP: LPIC-2
  13. Tyler D

Tyler D Gigabyte Poster

Greetings d-Faktor :biggrin

Certifications: A+,70-270
    WIP: 70-290
  14. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

Greetings D :)
    not sure if switzerland is 'just up the road' good old nug is applying australian geography to europe i think :)

when the nearest post office was 'just up the road' 1000 miles away ;P

nice to have you join us!

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0