Picking a course..

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by asje1, Feb 1, 2010.

1. asje1

asje1 Byte Poster

Hi all.

With advent shutting shop it's put me possibly in a better position. I'm ready for the A+ exams, meaning should I pass I'm in a position to start a new qualification.

My workplace would be funding the course.. My question is do I carry on with the MCSE/MCSA etc etc route and gain the certs, or should I study part time at university? If so what course?

My job involves alot of hands on with hardware, but not so much software side of things (only deploying images and doing updates etc) - I don't get to use active directory, or play with the server side of things. So my stronger points are with Hardware at this point, however my department deals with alot of computer repairs, there are servers here which are maintained by those clued up - the aim is for me to be able to be a decent all round technician (a big benefit would be the ability to use server 2003 & web edition) instead of almost purely a computer engineer.

Based on this little bit of information, which courses spring to mind if you had not already completed them / had the opportunity to study them?

Thanks in advance.

Certifications: A+, N+