PHP Courses?

Discussion in 'Other IT certifications' started by carlozdre, Feb 19, 2009.

1. carlozdre

carlozdre New Member

I am looking for some proper PHP/MySQL courses, not online or DVD's.

Are there any places in London or even Bristol? I have XHTML and CSS knowledge and a pretty decent background in webdesign. I've also read lots of articles/tutorials/books PHP related but if I don't use it daily I can't really learn and this is the reason I am looking for some courses where I should go and sit down, have a proper teacher and students, challenges, examples, homework, etc.

Thanks.

Certifications: Xpert (?!)
    WIP: A+
  2. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

I've used these in the past and found them to be reasonable. :biggrin

3. dalsoth

dalsoth Kilobyte Poster

I know it's not what you want but you might want to check this book out also. Myself and my brother designed a php mysql website for a recruitment agency from scratch using it. Most php books i looked at were not designed for someone new. They always assumed you had programmed extensively in C or Perl or something before.

Certifications: MCSE, MCP, MCDST, MCSA, ITIL v3
    WIP: MCITP EA
  4. dmarsh
    Honorary Member 500 Likes Award

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

The OU runs a few PHP courses.

5. nickyoung

nickyoung New Member

I too am interested in this. I'd love to see some form of standardized course, testing, and certification in PHP MySQL. Most of the time I think people just learn it and then say they know it - but having a certification would help to verify what they know.

Certifications: BBA