Photoshop slicing issue

Discussion in 'Web Development & Web Hosting' started by IThurts, Jul 13, 2008.

1. IThurts

IThurts Kilobyte Poster

Hi there,

So i have sliced up my images of this website i created in photoshop, uploaded to my host, and the images do not show up online. Anyone have any idea why?

They are in the correct directory and display the same names as referenced in the code and all of that. But the images do not show up!?

Any ideas?

I thought it would be as simple as create the website in photoshop, i have sliced the links and the rest become automatically portioned as a slice. THese images then get put in an images folder automatically and i should then be able to upload this same directory to my host. But no images show up.

Certifications: BTEC national Diploma Computer Studies
    WIP: See Sig
  2. nellyp123

nellyp123 Byte Poster

Don't quite know what your getting at here! If you have sliced up your images using photoshop, surely you want to put them back together again using CSS?

When you create a mock-up of your site (any site) in Photoshop, you can then slice it up and place all the images (slices) into a folder you created normally named images.
    You then piece it back together using xhtml/css and then upload to your host.

Have a look on the site www.css-tricks.com for a good set of tutorials on adding code to a photoshop mock-up. And you will see that you don't necessarily need to use slices...you can just use the crop tool. This is a great site for beginners and has taught me a lot.

Neil

Certifications: CIW Professional
  3. Ence

Ence Kilobyte Poster

Are you using photoshop or opening ImageReady to slice up

Image Ready on saving (save optimized as) on (save type) drop-down 9 HTML and Images.

what the file exe on image ? .gif .pds

4. westernkings

westernkings Gigabyte Poster

Yea, Your not just slicing the site in photoshop and saving all the images and sticking them onto the hosting serevr are you ?

use fireworks anyway, slice them, then save for web (HTML and Images) then open in Dreamweaverand do your thing.

Certifications: MCITP:VA, MCITP:EA, MCDST, MCTS, MCITP:EST7, MCITP:SA, PRINCE2, ITILv3