people mis judging you at work.

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by mitufrim, Feb 27, 2012.

1. mitufrim

mitufrim Bit Poster

Most people think this is my first job when this is really my 2nd and being in i.t for a year b4 joining current role

they think i have never touched a sever when i have done server work and think i do not know what isa server is when i deployed my last companies one.

does people have experience right this?

2. Cunningfox

Cunningfox Byte Poster

If that's the case you should be able to dazzle them with your knowledge, demostrating it should make them realise your level.

Certifications: CCNP, CCNA, MCP
    WIP: ??
  3. disarm

disarm Byte Poster

No offence, but if your work emails are written in the same way as this post, you'll be judged upon that as well.

People will often assume your level of experience until they know you better. I would just concentrate on doing a good job.

4. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

Let people under estimate you, it makes you look even better when you shine.

As others mention though, you really should mind the smelling pisstakes and all that ;)

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  5. Jiser

Jiser Kilobyte Poster

Concentrate on the job at hand, be a professional. If your good then they employed the right person, if your really good your work will get noticed. People can be suspicious of the newcomer so just work through it. Though your not at work to make friends if you can develop good working relationships with your customers/colleagues thats a bonus.

Certifications: BSc (Hons), PGc, MCTS:Win 7, MCSA W7/MCITP EDST, ITIL Foundation, Prince 2 Foundation, C&G: Web Design, MOS 07: Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Outlook.