Penetration Testing Blog

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by zimbo, Jan 7, 2008.

1. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

Came across this blog - looks like he just started teaching some stuff on Penetration Testing . Thought i would give it a post here might be useful to some people. I just hope we dont get too black hat!!

http://haymanezzeldin.blogspot.com/

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  2. haymanezzeldin

haymanezzeldin New Member

Hello everybody,
    First I would like to thank Zimbo for giving me this chance to introduce myself and my Blog.
    My name is Hayman Ezzeldin, an Information Security Analyst. I'm like everybody here, security is my life, found a big gap in "Penetration Testing" or "Ethical Hacking" teaching! This gap is "the dark side of the attacks" or let's call it "behind the scenes".
    How many of us know for example how the "Whois" protocol (let's not call it tool) is working.

Everyone started to learn "Ethical hacking" is concentrating more with the tools:
    How many tools do I have?
    Which tools are destructive?
    It's the easiest effective tool ever
    and so on...

But, not so many cared for the technicality behind the tool. What if the tool is obsolete? then we are lost.
    My idea is to teach everybody how to understand the technique, not the tool.

Check my blog, and believe me "you will never regret it"
    And I'm always open to ideas, so don't hesitate.

Thank you once again
    and Take care

Hayman Ezzeldin
    http://haymanezzeldin.blogspot.com

3. haymanezzeldin

Hello guys,

The latest article is added "DNS and Tools"
    XXXX

Please feel free to contact me in case of more clarifications needed.
    Best regards.

Hayman Ezzeldin
    XXXX

4. haymanezzeldin

Tracerouting and Lesson
    This is the name of the latest article, and I hope that you would enjoy it.

XXXX

And please feel free to contact me in case of any clarification or request, I'm always available.
    Take care

Hayman Ezzeldin
    XXXX

5. haymanezzeldin

Email and Tracking
    This is the name of the latest article, and I hope that you would enjoy it.

XXXX

And please feel free to contact me in case of any clarification or request, I'm always available.
    Take care

Hayman Ezzeldin
    XXXX

6. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Hayman. I've given you an infraction and sent you a PM explaining why I have chosen to remove the excessive references to your blog. I probably would have removed *all* of the references to your blog but since a moderator posted the original link, I'll let it and your first post in this thread remain without edits.

While it's good to provide the general membership at CertForums with interesting and informative references, posting again and again just to point out individual articles on the same blog is spamming and as such, will not be tolerated. Please control yourself. Thank you.

-Trip

Certifications: A+ and Network+