Pearson VUE is out

Discussion in 'MCAD / MCSD / MCPD' started by creatorul, Jul 14, 2007.

1. creatorul

creatorul Bit Poster

What do you think about Pearson Vue ?

Certifications: MCP,MCAD, SCJP
    WIP: CCNA
  2. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

I was perfectly happy with Pearson VUE. I have taken all my exams with them in the past.

I'm sure Prometric will be just fine and dandy, but it does cut down everyone's options on where they can take tests. Thumbs down to MS on this one I think.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada
  3. Luddym

Luddym Megabyte Poster

I will just say that I always chose to take my exams VAT free...

Certifications: VCP,A+, N+, MCSA, MCSE
    WIP: Christmas Drunkard
  4. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Not good, I did a few exams at a Prometric test centre, then it closed, moved to a Pearson VUE one and now this happens. :blink

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  5. Kitkatninja

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

I don't mind either, I prefer Vue as they are the closest centre. I've been talking to the local college (as they are the closest testing centre), and it looks like they will be a dual testing centre, Prometric as well as Vue.

Prometric for MS exams and Vue for Cisco exams. As long as there is a centre near where I live & work I don't mind, either one works for me :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  6. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

yeah realised that.. who is CompTIA going with?

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  7. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

I was always with prometric. Although I heard that pearson was pretty good too.

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  8. Kitkatninja

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Don't know yet, probably split their exams between the 2 :biggrin

Forgot to mention, that for MS Office Certs (MOS & the new MCAS), they use Certiport.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  9. Toadeh

Toadeh Nibble Poster

Tut, now I have to travel further to do the exams, gutted, it was bad enough already

Certifications: BSc(Hons), MCTS Web Development
  10. PAT

PAT Banned

i always did my exam with Pearson Vue, what do i do now :(

11. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

I have a voucher to be used for an exam before the end of this year with Pearson VUE so what would happen?:blink

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  12. Sparky

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

When I moved from Prometric to a Pearson VUE test centre I was told that I had to get a new Microsoft ID and then I had to merge both of my accounts together. Not good!

Has anyone else had to do this?

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  13. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Many years ago, after testing solely on Prometric, I had to take an exam on VUE. That was fine. Then I find out that VUE linked all my ID information for HALF of the vendors I had taken an exam for under the account I registered... and HALF of the vendors under an account name of their own choosing (like, maldridge12473 or something obscure that I'd never remember). This made it so when I would register for, Check Point, Cisco, and Novell, I would have to use one account name, and when I would register for Microsoft, CompTIA, and Oracle, I'd have to use the obscure one.

When I asked them if they would merge the VUE accounts together (considering there was no vendor overlap between accounts, and all the vendor ID data matched Prometric), they said they couldn't do it. So I stopped testing with them except when I had to (which, at that time, was only for Check Point).

Fast forward a couple years later. Out of the blue, and without my prompting, VUE finally figured out how to merge my accounts together (luckily to the correct username). This happened about the time they changed to the very user-friendly site similar to what they've got now. So, recently, I've been able to take exams on either without much worry. Unfortunately, that'll soon change... but at least I'll have a single VUE account name to remember!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!