Pearson or Prometric?

Discussion in 'Polling Station' started by Gav, Apr 10, 2009.

?

Pearson or Prometric?

Poll closed May 10, 2009.
  1. Pearson VUE

4 vote(s)
    44.4%
  2. Prometric

5 vote(s)
    55.6%
  3. A little bit of both...

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Gav

Gav Kilobyte Poster

I'm curious... do the member of CertForums prefer PearsonVUE or Prometric? I know certain exams (e.g. Microsoft) you can only do with one.

If so, do you have any paticular reason, or is it just a question of locality?

I used and will continue to use e-academy in Cardiff, which is a Pearson Vue AND Prometric centre, but I sat it with Pearson (simply because I didn't know it was also a Prometric centre!).

2. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

I've only sat Microsoft exams (apart from my degree etc obviously) up to now so didn't have a choice but the Prometric site in Liverpool is really relaxed and friendly. I suppose it helped that I passed both my exams 1st time too ha ha

While I'm on here, has anyone been to the Wigan Prometric site? I've got to head up there to sit 291 next week

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  3. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

I'm not sure what you mean here :blink

Do you mean :

1) their websites for booking exams etc

2) the testing centres - in which case there is another thread running for members to put reviews of particular testing centres

3) the actual exam interface

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)
  4. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Personally I prefer PearsonVue as I've never had any problems with exams taken thru them. The handful I've sat at Prometric centres, I've experience problems with just under half of exams taken thru them.

No problems/issues with the test centres themselves though :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  5. jo74

jo74 Byte Poster

I also used the e-academy in Cardiff (sign in, straight into the exam room, do the exam, get the piece of paper and I'm off :D).
    When I sat the A+ 601, I used Pearson VUE and before they gave me the result, I had to complete a survey :ohmy. So I was rushing through these survey questions, just thinking give me the result!
    Whereas with Prometric, when I sat A+ 602, they gave me the result THEN I had to complete the survey.
    So I'm sticking with Prometric :D

Certifications: A+, N+, Sec+
    WIP: CCENT, CCNA
  6. Gav

Gav Kilobyte Poster

I did the 601 in e-academy the other day, with Vue, and I had the same thing. Was really tense waiting for that survey to end :P

e-academy is great. Security in that complex was a bit suprising though, and the security guards (first as you enter the industrial estate, then when you get buzzed into the building itself) looked like the sort of guys you don't want to mess with!

7. sheepluv

sheepluv Byte Poster

Obviously some people in the past have got upset about their exam marks then :D

Certifications: CCNA | HND | 70-646
  8. smoggy333

smoggy333 Bit Poster

I use the Leeds Prometric, think there are a few in Leeds but the one I use is very relaxed and the receptionist is HOT !!! :-)

Certifications: MCP, MCTS, MCSA, MCSA:M, MCSE
    WIP: CCNA
  9. Johnny Napalm

Johnny Napalm Bit Poster

I've used the Pearson Vue in Liverpool and whilst it's very handy for Central station, it's a bit of a flea-pit in truth. That being said, I didn't go there with the intention of writing a critique of the decor, just passing some exams so it didn't really matter that much I suppose.

Although I would have preferred not to have needed various injections for tropical diseases before going :eek:

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+
    WIP: CCENT/CCNA, MCDST