PDA File Scrounging

Discussion in 'Software' started by TimoftheC, Jun 17, 2008.

1. TimoftheC

TimoftheC Kilobyte Poster

OK, this is a bit of a cheeky post as I'm after any text or PDF files you have relating to PC troubleshooting ideas and/or techniques :biggrin

In explanation, I have brought a cheap Dell Axim PDA off ebay which I plan to use as a sort of database of tips and tricks when I'm out fixing other peoples PCs. I have already loaded it with a number of word and PDF documents with such articles as how to recover from a corrupted registry in xp (copied all the code required to a floppy and carry that in the PDA case) the common services that run at start-up, common stop codes, bios beep codes (award and ami so far) common TCP-IP utilities and their various options, etc, etc.

What I'm after is if anybody has any similar types of articles or troubleshooting documents that they would be generous to share with me, or the forum in general.

Please feel free to tell me to eff off if I'm being toooo cheeky :p

Tim.C

Certifications: A+; Network+
    WIP: MCDST???
  2. NightWalker

NightWalker Gigabyte Poster

If it were me I would be looking to get the PDA online with an SDIO card or a mobile wireless dongle. Having the internet in your pocket along with the documents that you have already collected would give you the best of both worlds.

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCP, MCSA:M 2003, ITIL v3 Foundation
  3. TimoftheC

TimoftheC Kilobyte Poster

Thanks for that Night Walker. Is a good idea, however, that would entail me spending money and therefore, it is not even in the equation at this point in time:D

The idea is just to have a handy reference for as many situations as possible so I'm not stuck scratching my head. I also hope to avoid having to make repeat journeys whilst I go away and research a problem, although I know that will still happen, I just want to have something that could reduce it.

Certifications: A+; Network+
    WIP: MCDST???