PCI Express cards

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by christof, Oct 15, 2004.

1. christof

christof Nibble Poster

While studying for the A+ exams, and getting my head around all the previously ignored technical jargon, and internal functions of the PC, and how they interact with each other, I came across the following article

http://graphics.tomshardware.com/graphic/20040310/index.html

and was wondering if these new hardware components are going to be included in any future A+ exams.

I know the PC world changes and upgrades at a sometimes alarming rate, but when it comes to qualification exams, how often are these updated to keep pace?

Certifications: certificate of life!!!
    WIP: A+
  2. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

actually, stuff like this is a major architectural change, the likes of which havnt been seen since the change to ATX some 10 years ago

I wouldnt worry too much about the current exam
    i am not sure when the last update was but i doubt it will include things such as PCI Express and BTX form factors
    these changes are still filtering down, and there are not many systems/components available yet

i think in the next A+ update they may well add stuff like this
    but exams such as that are not updated all that often, perhaps every few years, although technology advances at a rapid pace, major changes like this are not seen all that often :)

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0