pc engineering

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by Ahmed121, Mar 27, 2006.

1. Ahmed121

Ahmed121 New Member

Hi eveyone i'm new in this forum,but from what i read from user's i think this forum can help me decide what course to take. I'm intrested in pc engineering A+ N+ but don't no what course to take i tried skills train, but i'm now having doubts about them, cause someone in this forum has given some negative feedback. Please someone help me, cause i want to change my career to IT, but don't where to go for the relevent traing..... Someone Please HELP. :cry: :cry: :cry:

2. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Greetings, Ahmed121. Welcome to CertForums. I'm sure someone will be along soon that can help you out. :)

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  3. Ahmed121

Ahmed121 New Member

Hi thanks very much tripwire45 8) I'm sure there is someone out there who will help me.

4. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Welcome to CF! :biggrin

Whilst I have no direct experience with the provider that you mentioned, I will say that you can't base your decision on feedback that one member gave here. You have to go with your gut feeling.

If it feels right, and you are under no illusions as to what is expected to complete the course, then give it a go.

On a side note though, why do you feel the need to go through a training provider? what is to stop you from buying the books and having a go at it alone? Thats how many of us here got to where we are today.

8)

5. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Hi and welcome!

I agree with Simon here. It is a common effect on the 'net that negative comments tend to outnumber positive comments on a given item. The problem is that people write in anger when something doesn't go the way they want, but rarely write praise when it all goes swimmingly.

When researching an area that I am unfamiliar with I always try and take that effect into account.

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  6. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Hi and welcome :)

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  7. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Greetings :D

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  8. Ahmed121

Ahmed121 New Member

Hi i do agree with what you said, but where does a person like myself go?

Please can you guide me on what books to buy i have no idea.... Thanks. :(

9. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Well many people find self study to be an affordable option, especially for the CompTIA A+

I would strongly recommend that you spend some time reading past threads in our A+ forum. If you do, you will soon find out that *THE* book to get, is the Mike Myres A+ all in one.

Apparently it is a large hefty book but a really good read written in an interesting style. Mike Myres has written many books but this particular one is a gem amongst gems.

There have been several versions so check the forum to find out which one is the latest and greatest.

Pete

10. ffreeloader

ffreeloader Terabyte Poster

I guess I have to ask the opening poster, what do you mean by "pc engineering"? I don't know of any certifications in that area, or at least what I would call "pc engineering" anyway. To me that would require at least a 4 year degree in electronic engineering.

I don't think an A+ would even begin to help in that.

Certifications: MCSE, MCDBA, CCNA, A+
    WIP: LPIC 1
  11. rich4102

rich4102 New Member

dear ahmed ,i have also enrolled with skillstrain,doing the A+ and N+,started in nov and i 'm just on the A+ last module hoping to take the exam in may.their service is not too bad,had no snags so far ,yu get an assignment for every chapter and yu submit it by email or mail on a floppy disk,takes about 4 days to egt ur scores,yu also get some interactive cds but they are a bit shite.after listening to some of the negative comments i would check if they actually pay for ur exams;i've got do that myself.so good luck on ur course if yu decide to do it.

Certifications: none at the moment
    WIP: A+
  12. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

It's a UK thing Freddy, technicians are often referred to as engineers, in many different trades. I thought I was a TV engineer (small e) once but it turns out I really wasn't :blink

13. farmer

farmer Byte Poster

iam currently on a a+n+ course with skillstrian/scheiddeger the only certificates you get from them are their own you have to pay for the comptia one syour self

Certifications: C&G level 2, ECDL, IC3, MOS
    WIP: city and guilds level3 , a+
  14. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Hi there and welcome to CF :)

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009