pay slips

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by aushus, Dec 12, 2012.

1. aushus

aushus Kilobyte Poster

Do you guys get payslips? Wheather its a hard copy or eletronic do you guys get it?

Where i work i get thé money directly to my bank

Its correct amount but no Pau slip.should i be worried does this make my salary unoffical or what?

2. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

I've always had a paper copy of my payslip but the actual money goes directly into my bank. I would be very surprised if you do not get some kind of receipt or slip every month with details of how much is going in. There might be a web server somewhere that you need to login to, to see your payslips I think some companies do that. But mine have always been in good old fashioned ink and paper.

Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
    WIP: Nothing
  3. shadowwebs

shadowwebs Megabyte Poster

where i work they have always said that the payslips are no longer printed and need to be viewed online... yet they still post mine out to me, just another way that a local organisation is saving money, or not.

Certifications: compTIA A+, Apple Certified Technical Coordinator 10.10 (OS X Yosemite, Server and Support)
  4. aushus

aushus Kilobyte Poster

Yeah we don't get slips in here its not illegall not to provide it.
    should i be worried does this make my salary unoffical

5. Monkeychops

Monkeychops Kilobyte Poster

Majority of companies will issue payslips, either hard copy or 'online', but whilst you have the right to a payslip I don't think a company has to give you one.

Personally I'd want something that shows my pay and whatever deductions applied.

6. Mr_Cellophane

Mr_Cellophane Nibble Poster

How do you know it is the correct amount ?
    Are you in "proper" employment or through an umberella company ?

Certifications: MCSE, MCDST, MCNE, PRINCE 2 and ITIL
    WIP: MCSE 2003
  7. RichyV

RichyV Megabyte Poster

Certifications: B.Sc.(Hons), MBCS. MCP (271,272), MCDST, MCTS (680), MCITP:EDST7, MCSA:WIN7, MCPS, MCNPS
    WIP: 70-686, then onto MCSE: Desktop Infrastructure via MCSA: Server 2012...
  8. Monkeychops

Monkeychops Kilobyte Poster

Although that just says what should be on your payslip if you receive one and professions where you don't have the right to a payslip, not that you should have one.

Although again I've not known anywhere to not give them in some form, I've always had them even going to back to jobs when I was 15/16!

9. RichyV

RichyV Megabyte Poster

I think you may be reading that wrong.

It specifies what you should have on your payslip and unless you are in the list, you should expect to have one - otherwise you could be being paid 'cash-in-hand' which is illegal...

The "You don’t have the right to a payslip if you’re..." line implies that you must have the right to one if not, surely?

Certifications: B.Sc.(Hons), MBCS. MCP (271,272), MCDST, MCTS (680), MCITP:EDST7, MCSA:WIN7, MCPS, MCNPS
    WIP: 70-686, then onto MCSE: Desktop Infrastructure via MCSA: Server 2012...
  10. Shinigami

Shinigami Megabyte Poster

Moneyz get deposited to my bank account and a letter sent to my home with the amount that got deposited minus 'expenses' for retirement and the like.

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, MCDST, MOS, CIW, Comptia
    WIP: Win7/Lync2010/MCM
  11. Toasty

Toasty Byte Poster

Last edited: Dec 12, 2012
    Certifications: A+, Network+, MCDST, MCSA
    WIP: MCSE, CCNA
  12. aushus

aushus Kilobyte Poster

Yeah. I know my salary and what I should get after tax. That amount is in my bank from my company. I'm from NZ and most companies give pay slips but legally you're company doesn't have too provide it

13. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

Online with the ability to request one through the post. Sure you are fine but ask HR for one so you can know for sure, for all you know you're paying Window Tax or paper clip duty ha ha

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs