passsed 220-702!

Discussion in 'A+' started by NZ Kris, Aug 24, 2010.

1. NZ Kris

NZ Kris Nibble Poster

Hi guys just sharing, i passed my 220-702 yesterday.
    passed with 867, and i passed my 220-701 with 837 last week.

So A+ done can't wait to crack on with N+, probably take one night off and start studying tomorrow :biggrin

Certifications: A+ 2009, Network+, MCDST, MCTS, MCSA
    WIP: MCSA
  2. Notes_Bloke

Notes_Bloke Terabyte Poster

Congrats on the pass:D

Good luck with the N+ studies.

NB

Certifications: 70-210, 70-215, A+,N+, Security+
  3. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Congrats!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  4. Kopite_21

Kopite_21 Gigabyte Poster

Well done on passing the A+

Certifications: National Diploma IT Advanced ECDL
    WIP: A+
  5. Josiahb

Josiahb Gigabyte Poster

Congrats! Best of luck with the N+!

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCDST, ACA – Mac Integration 10.10
  6. reddevil12

reddevil12 Megabyte Poster

Well done on the pass :respct

Certifications: a+
    WIP: 70-270 / 70-680
  7. Simonvm

Simonvm Kilobyte Poster

Good job :thumbleft congratz

Certifications: MCITP: EST, MCDST, MCTS, A+, N+, CCNP, CCNA Wireless
  8. chuckles

chuckles Kilobyte Poster

Congrats! :cheers:cheers:cheers

Certifications: '07/'09 A+, N+, S+
    WIP: maybe something Apple
  9. YAZHND

YAZHND New Member

Congrats on the pass and good luck with the N+

I am new in this forum, and i am really finding it very very helpful. Just out of curiosity a question.

Even i know it depends on everyone's way an time didecated to satudy for the A+, but please how long it took you in terms of time preparation for the A+ cert.

10. NZ Kris

NZ Kris Nibble Poster

Hi YAZHND, well i already felt i would have a pretty good grasp of a lot of the so i literally just watched the professor messor vids an hour or so each day. Once that was done i got some practice exams and just googled anything i wasn't sure about that was thrown at me. Then went to the exams.

it took me since the end of the world cup so about 6 weeks.
    I could a done it faster but i had a busy month at work......... but like you said everyone is very different. I think once i get to the microsoft exams it will take me quite a while for each one as there will be a lot more new things for me to get my head around.

Certifications: A+ 2009, Network+, MCDST, MCTS, MCSA
  11. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

No time at all - I didn't study for it. On the other hand, it took over 2 years for one of my previous co-workers to finish the A+. I would suspect you'd be somewhere in between.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  12. YAZHND

YAZHND New Member

Thank you very much for your quick reply. Honestley you are encouraging me to puch hard and give more of my time. Some times i feel i know many things and other times i feel empty brain. But my real problem is time management not because i am lazy but just because i find my self jumping from one topic to another while i am reading about something (i mean Comptia A+) I just passed my HNC computing with overall distiction and i am kind of trying to grasp as quick as i can anything related to A+ to pass it this year 2010 and thinking, shall i take N+ or Security + along with A+???????:unsure

Please advise me

Once again thank you all

13. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

You should do Network + after your A+ then the MCDST and if you have the experience then do security +.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  14. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

Congrats on the pass! I did this cert while I was in school, took me about 3 months because we covered this stuff basically 7 hours a day plus an hour or so at home so I learned it pretty quickly. But like Michael said, that depends on each individual.

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  15. YAZHND

YAZHND New Member

thank you very much greenbrucelee for your quick reply

16. Killian

Killian Byte Poster

I did my A+ at the beginning of the year and followed it with the N+ and now working towards Security+. It's worth getting the A+ done asap else you'll have to recertify every 3 years if you don't pass it before the years end. The same applies to Network+ and Security+ (doing all 3 in the next 4 months in next to impossible with no experience to fall back on).

And congrats to mediacells Kris, welcome to the long and exciting road of Certification :)

Certifications: See sig.
    WIP: Everything!