Passed

Discussion in 'Security+' started by MajorGeek, Nov 2, 2007.

1. MajorGeek

MajorGeek Guest

Passed Sec+ today, got 852 with a passing score of 764. :D

2. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

Congratulations:biggrin

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  3. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Congrats! What did you use to pass?

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  4. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

Congrats! :)

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  5. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Congrats on the pass :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  6. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

[​IMG] :twisted:

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  7. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Well done :)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  8. BosonMichael

No, no, no, that's used for Network+...

THIS is used for Security+:

[​IMG]

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
  9. MajorGeek

MajorGeek Guest

I read the book and did a two week course which was very well structured and presented. I suppose it could have been crammed into one week but I am glad it wasn't. We also had access to "*******" and "Transcender", these were useful as long as you learn why the given answer is correct. If you just learn the answers then you would stand no chance in the exam. I suppose what I am trying to say is that you have to actually know and understand the subject matter. Five out of six of us took the exam, one scraped a pass, two failed and the other guy was still in there when I left.

10. BosonMichael

Unfortunately, AT is a braindump... if you don't know what a braindump is, look here.

If a training center is using them, I'd report the center to CompTIA.

11. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

So the one at the back of this picture would be used for Microsoft?

[​IMG] :twisted:

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  12. BosonMichael

ZING!!!! :p

13. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

and these specifically for Vista

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  14. MajorGeek

MajorGeek Guest

Yes I know what a braindump is and AT were not as "good" as Transcender who are so called legit.

As I said earlier "these were useful as long as you learn why the given answer is correct. If you just learn the answers then you would stand no chance in the exam. I suppose what I am trying to say is that you have to actually know and understand the subject matter"

Which is probably why at least 2 of the other course members failed.

15. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Regardless of whether you personally think they were good or not, it is by definition cheating and therefore your TP should be reported. The use of braindumps devalues certifications for everybody, not just the people that condone and or use them.

Transcenders are not actual exam questions, hence they are not braindumps, whereas AT are.

The staff and members of this forum are actively against the proliferation of *illegal* material of this nature.

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  16. BosonMichael

Doesn't matter if they were "good" or not... they are the actual questions you'll see on the exam. Thus, using them is cheating, and can get you decertified. There's no justification for using them... even if they're "not good".

17. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

The ends do not justify the means. Cheating is cheating. Also, Transcender is not "so called" legit (implying that they might not be). To the best of my knowledge, their products are completely on the up and up, unless someone can prove otherwise.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  18. GW

GW Byte Poster

They are on the up and up, years ago many of their questions were exactly the same as on the exam or so similar that there was very little difference. I don't know if Microsoft filed a lawsuit against them or just told them to change but they changed all of the questions to make them legit.

GW

Certifications: MCP x4, CompTia x3
    WIP: Cisco CCNA
  19. BosonMichael

That information is incorrect, GW. They are NOT on the up-and-up: Certguard Link

20. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

I think GW was referring to my comments on Transcender being on the up and up (in other words, honest). Are you saying they're not?:blink

Certifications: A+ and Network+