Passed the 412, now a MCSA 2012

Discussion in 'Windows Server 2003 / 2008 / 2012 / 2016' started by Kitkatninja, Jul 30, 2013.

1. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

So just sat the 412 - Configuring Advanced Windows Server 2012 Services and passed.

Sat it about 2-3 weeks earlier than I wanted to as my exam voucher expires tomorrow and can't make it then.

Overall did all right, however my weak points include:

1. Configure and Manage High Availability
    2. Configure File and Storage Solutions

Closely followed by:
    1. Configure identity and Acces Solutions

Materials that I used:

CBT Nuggets 70-412
    Plus the material that I listed for the 70-410 and 70-411 exams

Ok, without breaking the NDA...

I had 58 questions over the course of 2 1/2 hours.
    What the exam cover is already listed here and to tell you the truth, it's spot on.

Personally, I thought that this exam was harder than the previous 2008 and 2003 exams, mainly because of the new technology that Microsoft has brought in with 2012 (and the lack of time I had to study also contributed).

As the previous 2012 exams that I have taken, if you're already a MCSE/MCITP with experience with 2008/2012 then you either know or can work out about 40-50% of the answers already (or at least with the questions that I've was allocated).

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
    Arroryn likes this.
  2. Sparky

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Congrats mate :)

What's next?

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  3. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

World takeover, I assume! :D

'grats Ken!

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  4. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

Congrats!

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  5. Kitkatninja

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

lol, na, I'm taking a break from the Microsoft certification race to concentrate on other stuff :)

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  6. Trogdor

Trogdor Kilobyte Poster Gold Member

Well done on the pass!! I am getting back into the MS race myself...

Certifications: A+, Network+, Server+, PDI+, MCDST, HP APS Server, HP APS Desktop / Laptop
    WIP: ITIL, CCNA, MCSA, and BSc
  7. l4ter

l4ter Nibble Poster

Congrats on the pass... I was considering doing this too, but work are keeping me busy and in between job searching and getting ready for the interview phase I think i've got more than enough to get on with.

Certifications: BSc Computing, A+, N+, MCITP Enterprise
    WIP: MD-100