Passed N+

Discussion in 'Network+' started by Adrian.Popescu, Jun 15, 2009.

1. Adrian.Popescu

Adrian.Popescu Byte Poster

Hi everyone, i've passed my N+(2007) a few hours ago. I must say the questions were quite hard, i have used the transcender questions, exam cram practice question and the N+ passport questions and none of them seemed to me close to what you get in the exam. Maybe i was unlucky but anyway. My advice to people taking the N+ in the future is: Know your protocols (WELL), what they mean, what they do and port number associated with them. Make sure you master the OSI layer and know what happends at every layer. I didn't get many questions on cables to be honest. Quite a few on wireless troubleshooting and questions on physical devices and the layer they operate at. Good luck .Adrian.

Certifications: City&Guild's Level2&3, CompTIA A&N+, MCP
    WIP: MCDST
  2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Congrats on the pass :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. dazza786

dazza786 Megabyte Poster

well done matey :biggrin

Certifications: MCP (271, 272, 270, 290, 291, 621, 681, 685), MCDST, MCTS, MCITP, MCSA, Security+, CCA(XA6.5)
  4. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Nice one mate 8)

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  5. Sco0t

Sco0t Byte Poster

Well done mate, I'm studying for it the now. Got the new Sybex Todd lammle book. Never actually checked is the test multiple choice?

Certifications: Bsc Net/Sys Support, HND Tech Support
    WIP: Network+
  6. BosonJosh

BosonJosh Gigabyte Poster

Congratulations on the pass!

7. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Congrats!

Careful on what you reveal about the exam... after all, you signed a non-disclosure agreement before you started the exam...

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  8. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Well done:D

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  9. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

Congrats and well done!

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  10. Adrian.Popescu

Thank's a lot everyone. The exam is multiple choice and it tells your how many answers to select when more than one. I have noticed people don't put the actual questions they get, and i understand that, but i think i'm sharing the exam experience not any of the exact material you get. In fact, the pool of questions is soo big that it is impossible to reveal anything tbh. My apologies if i did share a bit too much. Good luck.

11. gurusapprentice

gurusapprentice Nibble Poster

Congrats Adrian.

Btw you said N+ 2007 is that the latest version as I had stuff for 2005 and then comptia said new exam coming out in april was going to be 2009 ? and have been waiting for the meyer book to get released because on their web site said it was going to be "the book" etc.

Certifications: MCSA+Messaging
    WIP: Degree CCNA/CCNP 70-622 MCITP:E e
  12. Adrian.Popescu

Cheers. The exam i took was the old one, code: N10-003 2007 Edition, which expires in a month. End of July 2009. I think the 2005/2007 Editions are the same thing to be honest but not 100% sure. The new one is the 2009 Edition with the new objectives. If you want to take it make sure you download the new objectives sheet and get the right books for it. Check prometrics site for more detail. If you create a user name and password, then go to locate a test center and schedule a test it will give you the two versions of N+ that you can select. One is N10 (2007) the one i took and the second is (2009). Hope this helps. Good luck.

13. Notes_Bloke

Notes_Bloke Terabyte Poster

Congrats on the pass:thumbleft

NB

Certifications: 70-210, 70-215, A+,N+, Security+
    WIP: MCSA
  14. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

Belated congrats! :)

Qs

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  15. MrNerdy

MrNerdy Megabyte Poster

Well done on passing.

Certifications: ECDL, CiscoIT1 & A+
    WIP: Girlfriend & Network+
  16. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

I remember this exam.... It was tricky to be honest.... but non the less a good one. Congrats!

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  17. soundian

soundian Gigabyte Poster

The N10-003(2007) is an updated version of N10-003(2005). I believe some things are removed, such as 10Base5 and 10Base2, and much more emphasis is placed on troubleshooting rather than just being able to rattle off facts and figures.
    The 2009 objectives are a complete revision with the exam designation N10-004.

Certifications: A+, N+,MCDST,MCTS(680), MCP(270, 271, 272), ITILv3F, CCENT
    WIP: Knuckling down at my new job
  18. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Still, better safe than sorry. After all, this is your certifications we're talking about here... the threat of being decertified for life is enough to encourage me to obey the NDA to the letter, know what I mean? :)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  19. gurusapprentice

gurusapprentice Nibble Poster

Cheers I will look into it reason for holding back was a friend studied everything in sybex book etc went for the exam and failed! He said nothing in the exam he took related to any of the stuff he had been studying? and with comptia being really expensive I thought I would wait for the new stuff lol.

Certifications: MCSA+Messaging
    WIP: Degree CCNA/CCNP 70-622 MCITP:E e
  20. Adrian.Popescu

Sure...better safe than sorry :wink: As long as you understad that i was not trying to braindump, just wanted to share the general experience.... Cheers.