Passed my Cisco Security Exam

Discussion in 'Network Security' started by iSiDiS, Jun 21, 2010.

1. iSiDiS

iSiDiS Bit Poster

Hi All

Just passed my CCNA Security exam - I got 100% - Cant believe it! The exam was easier than I thought it was gonna be (the CCNA seemed alot harder!). There were a couple of questions I didnt really know but took an educated guess on - For studying, I used the following book:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Implementin...=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1260867640&sr=8-2

And the CBT Nuggets Videos. I've also got an 877W at home to do the SDM stuff. There was 1 simulator on the exam, and a couple of questions which involved logging onto the SDM to get information. Only 60 questions - I was in and out within an hour. The questions pretty much covered all topics (apart from NAC and the business stuff in the first chapter - not a thing on those!), I would recommend getting a router and use SDM on it to practice.

Dunno whether or not to do the CCSP or some MS exams now......

Certifications: A+, Network+, 640-821, 640-811, 640-553
    WIP: MCSE
  2. Bri1981

Bri1981 Byte Poster

Congrats!

Certifications: See signature
    WIP: MBA entry diploma
  3. Demiurge

Demiurge New Member

If you're going the CCSP route, you might want to consider doing SNRS first as it looks like there's a lot of carry-over from CCNA:Sec. I wish I had done it that way.

Certifications: A+, N+, S+, CCNA R&S/Security/Wireless
    WIP: CCSP
  4. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

Well done mate!

Certifications: CCA | CCENT | CCNA | CCNA:S | HP APC | HP ASE | ITILv3 | MCP | MCDST | MCITP: EA | MCTS:Vista | MCTS:Exch '07 | MCSA 2003 | MCSA:M 2003 | MCSA 2008 | MCSE | VCP5-DT | VCP4-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCAP5-DCA | VCAP5-DCD | VMTSP | VTSP 4 | VTSP 5
  5. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Congrats!

Careful about posting the number of questions and sims you got on the exam... Cisco's tighter than Microsoft or CompTIA are regarding that sort of thing. In fact, they expressly prohibit disclosure of that in the Confidentiality Agreement you signed when you took the exam. Stay safe, bro. :)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  6. Notes_Bloke

Notes_Bloke Terabyte Poster

Well done:D

NB

Certifications: 70-210, 70-215, A+,N+, Security+
    WIP: MCSA
  7. iSiDiS

iSiDiS Bit Poster

Thanks for the feedback people - Demiurge thanks for the info, I'll remember that.....the bloke on the CBT Nuggets vids kept referencing that as well. BosonMichael, you're right of course - I actually had to stop myself saying more :)

Certifications: A+, Network+, 640-821, 640-811, 640-553
    WIP: MCSE
  8. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Yep - it is always difficult to balance the desire to help with the desire to maintain confidentiality. :)

Regarding what certification to do next... certify on whatever you have experience doing.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  9. kmarcon

kmarcon New Member

Congrats on passing! What lab did you have?

10. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

Congrats:) on the pass.

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell