Passed ITIL v3 Foundation

Discussion in 'Other IT certifications' started by GiddyG, Dec 14, 2007.

1. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

Just heard today I passed ITIL v3 Foundation. :biggrin

Don't ask me how, because I thought I had failed. :blink

2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Congrats!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. GiddyG

Thanks Mike.

Nice hat by the way... 8)

4. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Thanks... I almost made Christmas balls out of the logo, but I'm not that artistic. :D

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  5. derkit

derkit Gigabyte Poster

Congratulations on passing :D

This is one cert that I'm interested in getting into - do you have any management experience/did your company put you onto the course??

Certifications: MBCS, BSc(Hons), Cert(Maths), A+, Net+, MCDST, ITIL-F v3, MCSA
    WIP: 70-293
  6. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Well done on the pass :)

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  7. GiddyG

First off... thanks for the kind words guys...

I do indeed. I have been working in Service Management, and have just moved into Change Management. And, yes... my employer did put me onto the course; I only did it for that reason, and very probably will not be pursuing any higher ITIL certification.

It was difficult, not least because the ITIL framework is just that... a framework... and businesses will use elements of it to fit their purpose. As a result, the way I work doesn't follow ITIL religiously, and that made the thing harder. I reckon that if you come at it from not having been in Service Management then you should be fine.

8. smartee1983

smartee1983 New Member

Hi Giddy
    Congratulations to on successfully clearing ITIL V3 .Even I am appearing this weekend for ,could you pls send me some study material/dumps and any suggestion for Exam.

Thanks
    Regards
    Sourabh

9. derkit

derkit Gigabyte Poster

Thats for the comments Giddy - still a few years off, but good to know these things.

Certifications: MBCS, BSc(Hons), Cert(Maths), A+, Net+, MCDST, ITIL-F v3, MCSA
    WIP: 70-293
  10. GiddyG

Best of luck with the exam.

Sorry but I don't do brain dumps, if that's what you're asking for.

Re study material, check out this link: http://www.certforums.com/forums/thread17070.html from Mr Cheeks.

Giddy

11. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Well done

We don't do Braindumps on CF, we study properly and don't cheat. Just be aware that if you are found to have passed an exam by using braindumps you could be decertified for life.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  12. GiddyG

Thanks GBL.

13. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

Congrats on the exam GG!

14. no_one_here

no_one_here Bit Poster

Congratulations.

So it seems as if experience in Service Management experience is not necessarily an advantage then.

I intend to take the exam in January (but only as ITIL v2). Which unfortunately means I am already obsolete. :ohmy:)

Certifications: ITIL Foundation, MCDST Network+ A+
    WIP: 70-270
  15. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

Hey - belated congrats on the pass! I took it about 18 months ago at the behest of (my then) employer. God knows how I managed to pass it - I found it to be the most boring, useless exam I've ever taken, but then again I'm not exactly 'into' IT management and have no plans on moving in that direction in the future!

TBH the whole ITIL process seems to me like a way for people with no technical skills to justify their existence in an organisation's IT department. It's surely no coincidence that all the useless pustules that worked at my last place were all het up on getting their ITIL stuff "cos it looks good on the CV"... whilst all of us techies yawned our way through it, dreaming of building firewalls, or upgrading our Exchange infrastructure, or re-switching in the data centre :rolleyes:

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  16. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

Lordy lordy - did I read this right? Is someone asking for DUMPS for an ITIL exam? Now that truly is pathetic - there is NO technical aspect to the ITIL test at all. Why would you want a dump for something that is just basic... ah balls to it I can't be bothered

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  17. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

i agree with Zebbbbb....

Read that thread i posted, and if that makes sense, you're good to go...

(i aint guaranteeing it though)

18. GiddyG

Cheers mate. 8)

19. GiddyG

Thanks.

For me the experience was more of a hinderence to be honest, given we don't use ITIL exactly the way it was taught to us.

I wouldn't say you were obsolete. A lot of it is common sense, and I reckon you can quite easily shift focus to ITIL v3 should you wish. If you do continue with ITIL v2 then I believe there is a course/exam that allows you to 'upgrade' to version 3.

20. GiddyG

Thanks Zeb.

I agree that it is (very) boring, and I would rather be doing more technical stuff day in day out myself; however, the problem I find is that the higher you go in your career, the further away you get from the things you really love doing.

My personal opinion is that no one in the Service or, for that matter, Project Management arena is truly able to add value unless they work to gain at least a basic technical understanding of what they are trying to manage or deliver.

That said, I suppsoe it is a good idea for the more technical people, those who design, build and support the platforms out there, to have an appreciation of the underyling Service and Management processes.

Cheers

Giddy