Passed CCNA

Discussion in 'General Cisco Certifications' started by kevin99kevin99, Nov 19, 2008.

1. kevin99kevin99

kevin99kevin99 New Member

I have finally passed the CCNA Exam with a score of 974, for the old 640 801. I have being doing this on and off for 4 years which is why i could carry on doing the old 801 test and not the new one. I used Pass4sure to help me to revise as well as bosom and Testking.:D

2. grim

grim Gigabyte Poster

gratz :clap

Grim

Certifications: Bsc, 70-270, 70-290, 70-291, 70-293, 70-294, 70-298, 70-299, 70-620, 70-649, 70-680
    WIP: 70-646, 70-640
  3. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

Well done :)

Revised! Totally didn't see the sites. See comments below regarding brain-dumps...

Qs

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  4. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

Well done!

Must have been pretty difficult despite you knowing the actual answers to the questions before you went into the exam huh?

Lets hope that when something goes wrong on the job you can just potter off to the server room and download a question that answers your problem for you.

Hey - come to think of it, this IT lark is so easy! From now on I'll just sit at my desk raking in the dough whilst making everyone else (i.e. people who passed the exam legitimately - suckers) I work with fix any problems that arise!

However, on the plus side, one of your sources for learning material sounds good. Next time I want to understand the difference between RIPv1 and RIPv2 maybe I'll just see if my wife's breasts can help out...

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  5. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Dude, you're using braindumps. When you are caught, you can be decertified, banned from any future exam and face legal action.

Your first choice for material.
    Your third choice for material.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  6. flounder10

flounder10 Nibble Poster

HA HA HA!

I forgot what i was going to write in response to this thread after laughing at that :biggrin

WIP: Net+, MCDST, MCSA, MCSE, CCNA, CCNP
  7. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

I must say, I do like his second choice for material (slightly modified to prevent cleavage).

Perhaps I can become BosomMichael. 8)

(that said, I'm actually a leg man, myself...)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  8. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

I just thought you were bragging about your man-boobs... :twisted:

9. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

lol people will start calling you Tits instead of BM if your not careful.

What is it with tw*ts and braindumps lately anyway?

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  10. albertc30

albertc30 Kilobyte Poster

LOL I first hadn’t any idea that those were brain dumpers but hey for this chap it is a pass and a certification which is more than I can say for myself and the damn college I am with, taking my money and my colleges and no second half of our CCNA curriculum 3.1 which would be the end of our course and therefore a certification on my CV, instead Cisco have published that curriculum 3.1 will be over by February and what am I suppose to do? lose my money and start from scratch as the college is suggesting? Anyways, good for you, you have passed but like BonsonMichael have sad and I must agree with him, knowing the answers for an exam is not the same as knowing why the blo** router can't communicate with another in real life, you keep going through it, checking all the configurations and you keep missing that the router is not aware of its networks by using maybe RIP1 or RIP2, then again you might be using RIP1 and you are SUBNETTING and everything's there but still no communication, wonder why?
    I hope you get along fine in your IT job if you are already in the industry or if you are looking for a job, just don't make a fool out of yourself mate.

Zebulebu what was all that about the misses tits man????????? LOL8) funny stuff around here…

Certifications: CCNA
    WIP: 220-701 - A+
  11. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

A useless one, considering he cheated to get it... and that certification can be revoked if Cisco can reasonably assume he cheated. So don't even start with they "Hey, he passed, it's cool!" crap... that doesn't fly here. :dry Sorry, there should be NO praise given.

There is NO justification for using braindumps. Period, end of story.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  12. karl_lankford

karl_lankford Byte Poster

yup. I worked fooooooking hard to get this...it just laughs in my face

Certifications: CISSP, MCP, MCDST, MCSA, MCSE, CCENT, CCNA
    WIP: MCSE Upgrade
  13. Qs

Agreed.

Qs

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  14. brind1972

brind1972 New Member

All

I do appreciate that the use of brain dumps to pass is a no-no and understand the reasons why. Can anyone then give advice on the best way to prepare for the CCNA.

I have seen the Test King question banks and disagree that they are entirely representative of the actual exam.

On example questions from an official CCNA companion CD from Cisco Prep Book one question was something like (I forget the exact wording): Which RFC introduced the 2 bit protocol field into the Frame Relay header? Answer: FRC1490. Firstly, I have never seen any question on any brain dump that goes into that level of detail. Secondly, how would anyone know the answer to that?!

Lastly, in all exams I have ever taken, from A-Level (where I got A's in Pure Maths and Physics) to Degree, preparation for exams have been done through past papers, provided by lecturers. Surely to prepare properly you need to know what to expect to a certain degree.

I would be very grateful for some pointers on what the experienced posters on here do to prepare for such exams, and specifically for the 640-801 which I am sitting in 3 weeks.

Many thanks

15. -Mercury-

-Mercury- Byte Poster

You say you understand that brain dumps are a no-no and then say you have looked through all the test king question banks!

I would advise you to immediately delete any brain dump material you own and to never look at any brain dumps again!

It’s cheating plain and simple and if caught, they will decertify you immediately, Forever! You will be barred from attaining any future certifications. If you don’t believe me, then visit Microsoft's or Cisco's exam policy documents and read it for yourself.

You don’t know if you have the necessary knowledge to pass the exam, you’re just cheating and remembering the answers! It’s the same as stealing a test paper from a teacher’s desk. What makes it different from past GCSE/A’level papers is that those exams are only sat once per year and the content is changed each year so people have no way of knowing in advance what will be on the test. IT exams can be taken on most days of the year and the exam content does not change that often. Brain dumps equal CHEATING.

Do yourself a favour and study hard, learn the knowledge for yourself and be proud when you pass the exams, knowing for sure you are at that standard and you didn’t cheat. You will be a much stronger Tech for putting in the effort and knowing your stuff.

You need to learn from official books, CBT software and most important of all, get ‘experience’. Practice as much as you can actually performing all the different tasks until you know how to do it.

I hope you will make the right choice and wish you good luck with your study.

Mercury

Certifications: MCSA|MCDST|A+|Net+
    WIP: CCENT
  16. Qs

Good, then I won't need to go into full detail with my subsequent comments...

The problem here is that brain-dumps are brain-dumps, irrespective of the sample you've seen and compared.

You're being far too specific using this as your example. The point remains that if you're using brain-dumps, which are considered cheating, then you're cheating! This is seen as directly breaking the rules and you can risk being decertified. See my next comment.

You should study for an exam using practice questions/scenarios which are provided and authorized by the exam vendor. Brain dumps constitute cheating because the information acquired was generally taken from material that was meant to remain secure.

Surely you'd feel slightly unsure if you were provided a CCNA exam from last year with all of the original questions and how to answer them perfectly?

The point is you need to learn the concepts and understand the content of the exam to such a level where you know the process to go through in order to solve problems presented, and ultimately pass the exam.

An example for you - If you use brain-dumps (from previous papers) and passed the final exam easily, you don't need to reinforce the methods required to solve problems because you have the answers on a silver platter. When you eventually get employed using your brain-dumped cert then you will struggle in a real-world environment. Hell, I know some people who passed their CCNA who can't subnet or understand basic principles. How are they ever going to get a job and be successful in it?

Paper-certs (as they're so called) hurt the grand scheme of I.T. The brain-dump sites that actively encourage people to cheat in order to gain certs leads to employers not recognising such qualifications as proof people can do the job. This ultimately leads to certifications becoming undervalued/ignored. Read around these forums and the internet and you'll find numerous articles explaining this and why brain-dumping is so discouraged. Vendor's don't threaten decertification for known brain-dumpers for nothing you know!

You've passed A-Levels at a high standard, it's the usual revision process! Read through official vendor accepted practice questions and test yourself until you're confident enough to take the exam. Reading, Note-taking, Questions and Answers. It's the usual drill. If you need more specific information with regards to the exam then have a look in the appropriate forum section or use the in-built search function.

Qs

17. mattstevenson

mattstevenson Byte Poster

Same here. I poured a lot of money and effort in to getting through my ICND 1. On the upshot, I actually know what I'm talking about now. Whereas others who have cheated will be completely out of the loop. There's just too much material there to actually understand it by memorising answers.

Och well. He can beat himself up over it later when he's fired for incompetence.

Certifications: Triple A+. Network+, CCENT
    WIP: MCP, ICND2, Sec+
  18. albertc30

albertc30 Kilobyte Poster

Very much true. In all honesty I couldn't even see myself going for a job with just a certificate and no actual knowledge of what that job role entails, for me that's just no common since at all.

I have done networking in the past and done quite well but after the first year doing the CCNA I am astonishingly amazed with what I did not know. So what I knew then compared to now would be really NOTHING.

Certifications: CCNA
    WIP: 220-701 - A+