Passed CCENT!

Discussion in 'Routing & Switching' started by Methodman85, Sep 7, 2009.

1. Methodman85

Methodman85 Byte Poster

What a stroke of luck I've had today.
    Today's a holiday in Canada (September 7th), knowing that when I went to book my test, I fully expected to see the 7th greyed out from selection at my test centre, but it wasn’t.
    So I booked it for September 7th at 9:00am.
    Today when I showed up to the test centre (got there at 8:40am), there was not a soul to be found – the front door was locked! I was kicking myself; even though the system let me book it, I still should have called to confirmed, it’s a holiday and they’re closed of course!
    I decided to wait their till 9:00am to see if by some chance they would open at 9:00.
    8:59am comes around and the secretary/test supervisor pulls in the parking lot!
    Turns out she had a bunch of work to do, and decided to come in on the holiday to catch up on things, even though the centre was suppose to be completely closed.
    Since she knew me from previous exams and small talk, she let me come in and write saying she would have turned anyone else away :)

Anyways, I passed with a 916, thank god. It would have really sucked to have failed after such a random stroke of luck, must have been fate!

Last edited: Sep 7, 2009
    Certifications: MCTS, MCSE, MCSA:M, CCNA, MCDST, N+
    WIP: 70-680
  2. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Congrats mate! :biggrin

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  3. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

Congrats and well done ! :biggrin

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)
  4. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

Well done matey!

Certifications: CCA | CCENT | CCNA | CCNA:S | HP APC | HP ASE | ITILv3 | MCP | MCDST | MCITP: EA | MCTS:Vista | MCTS:Exch '07 | MCSA 2003 | MCSA:M 2003 | MCSA 2008 | MCSE | VCP5-DT | VCP4-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCAP5-DCA | VCAP5-DCD | VMTSP | VTSP 4 | VTSP 5
  5. Shinigami

Shinigami Megabyte Poster

High five! And that was quite the stroke of luck you had there :)

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, MCDST, MOS, CIW, Comptia
    WIP: Win7/Lync2010/MCM
  6. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

Great stuff, now onto ICND2 :D

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  7. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Congrats!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  8. Methodman85

Methodman85 Byte Poster

Thanks everyone :biggrin
    I would like to take the ICND2 by the end of the month but I don't know if that's possible.

craigie, I was wondering how your studies for the ICND2 have been going since you recently passed the ICND1 as well. How does 2 compare to the 1 so far? Is the difficulty increase significant?

I read the entire Sybex 802 study guide as well as the Cisco Press ICND1 book to prepare for the CCENT. I'm wondering how likely it would be to finish the Cisco Press ICND2 book and be ready in 3 weeks. October is my 2 year mark at my company, and I want to CCNA certified by then.

Then it's off to the 284 to help prepare me for an Exchange Migration I need to do.

9. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

Matey, to be honest, it has been hard for me to study as work has been crazy, I work 11 hours non stop each day without a break, so fitting in the studying has been alot more difficult than normal.

You have read the Sybex 640-802, then I would recommend buying the ICND2 book to go over the concepts again. Then go for the exam, worse case scenario you fail, but you never know you could pass :D

Certifications: CCA | CCENT | CCNA | CCNA:S | HP APC | HP ASE | ITILv3 | MCP | MCDST | MCITP: EA | MCTS:Vista | MCTS:Exch '07 | MCSA 2003 | MCSA:M 2003 | MCSA 2008 | MCSE | VCP5-DT | VCP4-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCAP5-DCA | VCAP5-DCD | VMTSP | VTSP 4 | VTSP 5
  10. Methodman85

Methodman85 Byte Poster

11 hours no break! Wow that's rough, no wonder you listened to the nugget wav files to and from work.
    Yeah I have the Cisco Press ICND2 book and plan to read it over the next 3 weeks, hopefully I've retained enough from the 802 book and this will reiterate the knowledge. Guess we'll see!

11. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

Is that Akuri from Street Fighter II Alpha in your Avatar? If it is legend 8)

12. Methodman85

Methodman85 Byte Poster

Yup that's Akuma, I see there's another street fighter fan on these boards :biggrin
    Too bad I had to give it up due to work and studies tho.

13. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

Mate, I used to love it!

Street Fighter II Turbo was legend, I used to get sore thumbs playing it on the SNES so much.

Who was you main character?

In Turbo, I was Ryu, then in Alpha I went to the darkside and used Ken.

14. Methodman85

Methodman85 Byte Poster

Ah the good old days, everyone picked Ryu or Ken. I've been a Ryu player since day one, but ever since Street Fighter IV, I've gone over to the darkest side with M. Bison.

If you haven't already tried it, you seriously need to get your hands on a copy, it totally revitalizes the franchise, the old school fun comes rushing back.
    It almost stopped me from pursuing certs and instead moving to Japan to become a pro gamer :biggrin

Check out this Ryu compilation, it amazed me by showing just how bad I was at street fighter even though I thought I was pretty decent! The ending of the video show's the new Steet Fighter IV

http://gamevideos.1up.com/video/id/25596

15. StoneTZ

StoneTZ Bit Poster

Time for an update.. you take it yet? How did you do?

I haven't played street fighter since the original. What system is IV on? Maybe I'll pick it up.
    That video was pretty awesome.

Certifications: A+
    WIP: Net+, CCNA