Passed 701 & 702.

Discussion in 'A+' started by SuperSean, Nov 2, 2010.

1. SuperSean

SuperSean New Member

Hey guys,

This is my very first post as you can see but I would just like to say that i passed my 701 and 702 exam last week. I passed my 701 on thursday and felt confident enough to pass my 702 on the friday. I got 725 out of 900 on my 701 and 810 out of 900 on my 702. So i did decent enough. For anyone who is worrying about the outcome of the exam you should NOT. Because I did, but the second your in the exam room and you see the questions the answers will come flying at you if you did enough revision and knew what it was talking about.

The main reason for my success was because I had these word documents. The first document which is for the 701 has around 800 questions and answers on. I did not use this as i didnt find these resources til after my first test. But after going through some of the questions I realised it would have helped me a great deal. And so I really studied hard on the second word document for 702. That has around 600 questions and answers and although i only read 215 of those 600 they helped me a great deal in the test, even though i knew the majority of the answers.

So i advise you to at least private mail me if you need these word documents as they will help you significantly if your worrying about it all.

2. bondbill2k2

bondbill2k2 Bit Poster

Very well done mate, one question what source did you use for the questions? Must say having completed my 220-701 today the answers really do come out nice and easy once your settled in the exam room :biggrin

Also must say practice questions and mock exams are a super source of learning!

Certifications: Bsc(hon) Computer Studies
    WIP: Comp TIA A+
  3. soundian

soundian Gigabyte Poster

Congrats on the pass.

One thing worries me though: these word documents. Where did you get them? How do you know they are legitimate and won't get you decertified?
    I'm only asking because I've never heard of legitimate practice questions in such large quantities (or in word format)that can be legally passed on to third parties.

Certifications: A+, N+,MCDST,MCTS(680), MCP(270, 271, 272), ITILv3F, CCENT
    WIP: Knuckling down at my new job
  4. Simonvm

Simonvm Kilobyte Poster

Sounds like a braindump :police

Certifications: MCITP: EST, MCDST, MCTS, A+, N+, CCNP, CCNA Wireless
  5. SuperSean

SuperSean New Member

Thanks Guys :)

Well the online sources I used were mainly: "Proprofs" and "Proffessormesser". I also used Certblaster and MeasureUp at college. And then all the rest came from my teachers due to myself being on an apprenticeship program.

Also, about these word documents. I was given these by my teachers to take home and revise from them. If they aren't legit then it can't be my fault as i was only provided with the resources. If they are brain dumps then I sincerely apologise and I shall not share them with anyone.

6. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

Congrats!

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  7. reddevil12

reddevil12 Megabyte Poster

Congrats m8 :clap

Certifications: a+
    WIP: 70-270 / 70-680
  8. BosonJosh

BosonJosh Gigabyte Poster

Congratulations!

9. Kopite_21

Kopite_21 Gigabyte Poster

Well Done mate :D

Certifications: National Diploma IT Advanced ECDL
    WIP: A+
  10. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

I have no way of knowing whether you received braindumps from your instructors or not. Here's how to tell: if the documents you received from your instructors contained even SOME of the questions you saw on the exam, then you are in possession of a braindump.

If you discover that what your instructors gave you is indeed a braindump, then I'd recommend that you report your instructors to the training center and/or to CompTIA. It is sad that some instructors will help their students to cheat on exams just to make their "pass average" look better... but it happens more often than you might expect.

In any case, I wouldn't recommend along ANY documents received as part of a training course. Either it's a document that is protected by copyright, or it's a document that contains braindump questions... either way, it probably shouldn't be passed on.

Not coming down on you - not at all. Just want to make you aware of all the options and responsibilities you have. :) Congrats on passing the exams!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  11. SuperSean

SuperSean New Member

Thanks again guys.

Well these documents are more than likely not braindumps then. Because in my exam i didn't have a single question off the documents i just had some similar but easier questions. Whether that means it is a braindump now i don't know.

12. BosonMichael

Probably not a braindump, then.

Unless you are certain that those documents don't contain questions that are otherwise published (for example, by a legit practice exam provider), I wouldn't recommend redistributing them. Otherwise, you could accidentally find yourself in violation of copyright law. Wouldn't want that! :)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
  13. SuperSean

SuperSean New Member

Well i personally don't know where the questions came from. So yeah i don't think i'll be distributing them just incase.

14. BosonMichael

Props to you for trying your best to do the right thing, while being as helpful as possible to others. :thumbleft

15. chuckles

chuckles Kilobyte Poster

Congrats on the pass. I'd like to add my two cents. If YOU had created your own questions based on your studying of the material that would be legit to pass on. I know that I personally created well over a thousand of my own questions when I was studying. However, since I mixed in the questions from my references with my own, I have never passed this on since that would violate copyright (and besides, these authors work hard and desire their reward). So, feel free to pass on your own learning but don't send on stuff that you absolutely aren't sure of the source.

Certifications: '07/'09 A+, N+, S+
    WIP: maybe something Apple