Passed 70-685

Discussion in 'Windows 7 / 8 /10 Client Exams' started by BigG, Sep 10, 2011.

1. BigG

BigG Nibble Poster

Passed 70-685 with 850 marks :D.... which was better than my previous effort of 681 two weeks ago :oops:

I'm now an "Enterprise Desktop Support Technician on Windows 7" (if only the name were longer and more defined..)

A few tips to those taking it (and probably the reason why I narrowly missed it last time).

The exam format (I believe for all MS exams) has changed in the last few months.
    As well as the questions that you are used to, i.e a load of gumph then a question unrelated to the text, they have brought in (to me) a new style of question .

The new question style is:-
    1. An entire screen of data (you have to scroll the page to get the question.
    2. You may get 2 or more questions on the same scenario.
    3. Some questions can only be answered by finding the answer in the scenario provided. i.e you may think you know the "right" answer just by reading the answers, but may catch you out (as I believe that it did me first time around:cry:).

Other things of note:
    I had questions that required additional reading - the MS 70-685 book alone is good but there are questions on the exam well outside the text.
    There were questions based on the 70-680 book
    There were questions that in my view shouldn't have been there - more like the 70-646 exam - Luckily I've done this but to someone without this knowledge it's a bit far for "additional reading" - where do you stop?
    There were some "gimme" questions where you'd have to be having a *really* bad day to get wrong!
    The tests on the cd with the book are good to test your understanding, but not really comparable with the exam.

First exam was 50 questions - mostly the new senario based ones.
    Second exam was 66 questions - total mixed bag (pick one, pick all that apply, drag and drop, drag and put in order)

I read somewhere that this exam is 50/50 based on the 70-680 & 70-685 exams. I'd put it more like this, but this is just my personal experience:-
    70% - 70-685 book
    5% - 70-680 book
    25% - Further reading / other exams / real life experience

BigG

Last edited: Sep 10, 2011
    Certifications: BSc, Prince2 Practitioner, MCSA Win7, MCSA 2008
    WIP: Vmware, ITILv3 on the back burner
  2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Congrats on the pass :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. Notes_Bloke

Notes_Bloke Terabyte Poster

Congrats:D

NB

Certifications: 70-210, 70-215, A+,N+, Security+
    WIP: MCSA
  4. Johnd76

Johnd76 Megabyte Poster

Well done on the pass

Certifications: MCP, MCDST
    WIP: Not a thing