Passed 70-680 This Morning! 19/08/10

Discussion in 'Windows 7 / 8 /10 Client Exams' started by Killian, Aug 19, 2010.

1. Killian

Killian Byte Poster

Hey all,

Sat my first MS Cert exam this morning, really nervous! Turns out I had nothing to worry about as it seemed really easy! Came out with 966 so well pleased with myself. There were a few questions where I wasn't 100% on the answer but was able to make educated guesses based on what I knew wasn't the answer. One I'd never heard of before but can't really go into it because of the NDA.

I usually like to know where I went wrong with these kinds of things so that I can study that particular part, I have a feeling it was to do with PowerShell commands but can't actually be sure (may have guessed it right and gone wrong somewhere else!).

Took me about 4 weeks of studying with the MS Press Book and the accompanying Errata. Did some stuff on Technet too and went over and over the exam Qs from the accompanying disk, researching the topics where I went wrong.

Now onto Security+, hopefully my Syngress book will arrive today so I can get cracking!

Certifications: See sig.
    WIP: Everything!
  2. LukeP

LukeP Gigabyte Poster

Congrats fella! :D

WIP: Uhmm... not sure
  3. Notes_Bloke

Notes_Bloke Terabyte Poster

Congrats on the pass:thumbleft

NB

Certifications: 70-210, 70-215, A+,N+, Security+
    WIP: MCSA
  4. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Congrats!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  5. karan1337

karan1337 Byte Poster

Congrats buddy! Hey, i got the exact same score on 70-271 :)

I'm glad to see Security+ on your WIP :D

Certifications: MCP, MCDST, MCTS, Brainbench: XP and Vista [Master]
    WIP: Bachelors:Computer Science
  6. Johnd76

Johnd76 Megabyte Poster

Congrats with the pass!

I'm studying this at the moment and strugling with the second chapter (Capturing System images).....to many accronyms i think :blink

Certifications: MCP, MCDST
    WIP: Not a thing
  7. ChrisH1979

ChrisH1979 Byte Poster

I'm studying this at the moment too. That chapter is pretty hard going but very valuable, after that it is in easier bites :D

Certifications: MCITP:SA, MCSA, MCTS:Win 7, Application Infrastructure
    WIP: MCITP:EA
  8. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Congrats on the pass :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  9. Killian

Killian Byte Poster

Once you clear the first couple chapters it gets stupidly easy and goes onto stuff like Device Manager, Backups, etc. I remember starting it off thinking "this is going to be hard!" but once I got through the Deployment stuff it suddenly went down a notch or two.

I didn't even get any questions on DISM or WDS for that matter and they are some of the subjects I really studied in depth. Still; it'll help in the longrun :)

Good luck to all who are studying now, if you learn the material you'll get an easy pass.

10. BigG

BigG Nibble Poster

Congrats mate

when I passed with 850 , I thought I "done good" - 966 in 4 weeks - I doff my cap

G:)

Certifications: BSc, Prince2 Practitioner, MCSA Win7, MCSA 2008
    WIP: Vmware, ITILv3 on the back burner
  11. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Congrats mate. :biggrin

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  12. Killian

Killian Byte Poster

Thanks man, appreciate it.

It was a hard 4 weeks, revision every night and constantly doing as many practice Qs as I could (and then researching when I got some wrong). Plus I've been using Windows 7 since the RTM so quite a bit of it was already familiar.

Got pretty lucky on the exam too. One of my weaknesses was Data Collector Sets and Event Viewer subscriptions, didn't get any questions on them though which was good! :)

Thanks for everyones congrats, cheered me up considerable. Just checked the price of the Sec+ exam and found its almost £200!! WTF! lol Will have a look for some vouchers when I feel I'm ready to sit the exam, seen one online for 150 USD (international) but it expires at the end of the month and whilst I reckon I could cram over the next 11 days, that's not how I want to learn.

Thanks once again!!
    :biggrin

13. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Big congrats mate 8)

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  14. simonp83

simonp83 Kilobyte Poster

Data collector sets and event viewer subscriptions were the bit i struggled a little with, the DISM, WDS, USMT, MDT stuff i really enjoyed and found pretty easy.

Certifications: A+, MCP, MCDST, MCTS, MCITP
    WIP: 70-291
  15. purana

purana Nibble Poster

Nice work ;)

Certifications: MCTS x 6, MCITP x3, ITILv3 Foundations, LPIC-1, LPIC-2, Novel CLA, CommVault Simpana 9
    WIP: MCITP: EA, RHCE, OEL, RHCVE
  16. veloce

veloce Byte Poster

good man, well done:respct:

Certifications: A+
    WIP: BSc Hons Computing & IT
  17. romeospadre

romeospadre Bit Poster

Well done

I'm also going to start studying this starting in the next week or two. Got the press book ready to tear it up!!

Certifications: A+, N+
    WIP: 70 - 270 For MCSA + MCTS 70 - 680
  18. simonp83

simonp83 Kilobyte Poster

Becareful with the Press book, it's a good book but there are a lot of errors.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/978189

Certifications: A+, MCP, MCDST, MCTS, MCITP
    WIP: 70-291