Passed 70-272 MCDST

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by -Mercury-, Nov 11, 2008.

1. -Mercury-

-Mercury- Byte Poster

I'm happy today as I've just passed 70-272 with a score of 907! :D

I'd advice anybody taking this exam to know how to troubleshoot Office apps, Word, Excel, Outlook and know how to setup and troubleshoot Internet Explorer & Outlook express, oh and know your NTFS and security permissions.

The official Microsoft press book is very good and I also used CBTNuggets training software which was very good really, did the job!

Good luck to everybody taking this exam.

Mercury

Certifications: MCSA|MCDST|A+|Net+
    WIP: CCENT
  2. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

Congrats on the pass! 8)

3. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

Well done and congratulations!

Certifications: CCA | CCENT | CCNA | CCNA:S | HP APC | HP ASE | ITILv3 | MCP | MCDST | MCITP: EA | MCTS:Vista | MCTS:Exch '07 | MCSA 2003 | MCSA:M 2003 | MCSA 2008 | MCSE | VCP5-DT | VCP4-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCAP5-DCA | VCAP5-DCD | VMTSP | VTSP 4 | VTSP 5
  4. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

Christ, I need to pull my finger out :p

Major congrats on the pass! :)

Qs

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  5. -Mercury-

-Mercury- Byte Poster

Thanks! I've booked my A+ exams for the 1st and 4th of December (20 days study), Amazon have not even delivered the book yet! haha :biggrin

I have put off taking these exams for quite a few years though, so experience really helps. Gonna get serious next year going for MCSE and CCNA

Mercury

6. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Congrats on the pass :)

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  7. tbone152

tbone152 Nibble Poster

Well done and good luck with the A+:D

Certifications: A+, MCP, MCDST
    WIP: 70-270
  8. supernova

supernova Gigabyte Poster

Congrats

And thanks for the info, any advice for 271?

Certifications: Loads
    WIP: Lots
  9. -Mercury-

-Mercury- Byte Poster

Advice for 271 is pretty similar really, get the official Microsoft press book, maybe supplement with some CBT software. I found 271 and 272 pretty pleasant exams really, a lot of the questions can be answered by common sense if you have a decent amount of experience with XP and Office. 70-270 is a much harder exam.

Make sure you have experience of installing XP in all the different ways , set-up email accounts for exchange and add POP and IMAP accounts. Learn your security and NTFS permissions, learn security, privacy, customisation settings in Internet Explorer, the list goes on and on.

Best to work your way through the book really and if your not familiar with something then do it for your self for real and gain the experience.

Good luck