Passed 70-271

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by slr, May 27, 2009.

1. slr

slr Bit Poster

Passed my 70-271 a few hours ago!

Such a relief after waiting around 30seconds (felt forever) for the results screen to load and say pass, scored 783.

Just a little, well dunno if its a tip or not but I will mention this anyway as I did as this in my welcome post.

To push me into studying and to put some 'pressure' on myself I looked over the objectives, and set my exam date before I started to study. Helped me alot knowing I had this to focus on =). Also, when I got to a point of thinking I wasnt taking anything in any more, I had a couple of days rest and it really helped soak everything in and when I went back into study mode I was alot more focused.

70-272 and MCDST here I come!

Certifications: MCP, CCENT, CCNA
    WIP: MCSA:2012
  2. mcbro

mcbro Byte Poster

Well done on the pass, ive got my exam tomorrow!

Certifications: MCITP:EA, CCNA
  3. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Congrats on the pass, and if this is your first ms exam congrats on the MCP cred.

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  4. -Mercury-

-Mercury- Byte Poster

Well done, congrats!

Certifications: MCSA|MCDST|A+|Net+
    WIP: CCENT
  5. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Congrats on the pass. :biggrin

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  6. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

Congrats! The waiting for the test results is bad... on my 271 I was greeted and then told "if the program hangs randomly for any reason just wait and it'll be fine"

.. hangs? That's not instilling confidence!

Congrats again :)

Qs

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  7. DaveyB1981

DaveyB1981 Byte Poster

Congrats on the pass!

Completely agree on the exam booking thing, it has worked for me too. I do feel that it wouldnt work in all cases (for instance if there are a lot of new concepts to take in), but if you already have a reasnable grasp of what is required but need a kick up the backside then it can work!

Dave

Certifications: CISMP, ITIL Fdn, MCDST
    WIP: the day job...
  8. DaveyB1981

DaveyB1981 Byte Poster

On this subject, it seems to hang for longer every time! Without wishing to hijack this thread, does anyone else feel that the fact that the result comes up at the end has an impact on how you act in the test? For me, i find it really hard to go over and check any answers when i know that i am just a click or so away from my result!

Dave

9. Notes_Bloke

Notes_Bloke Terabyte Poster

Congrats on the pass:thumbleft

NB

Certifications: 70-210, 70-215, A+,N+, Security+
    WIP: MCSA
  10. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

Well done mate

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  11. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Well done

Mine hung for a while too, I Was that nervous I started contemplating bringing up task manager to see what the hell was going on :D luckily I didn't

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  12. slr

slr Bit Poster

Thank's a lot for the congrats guys! Love the way everyone supports each other on this forum, really good to see =)!

Haha- I must admit I did turn around to see if the guy who took me into the exam room was around to see if my computer had stopped working, i had a passing thought all my answers were going to be wiped off :eek:

I too admit knowing if you are just a click away from the results, reviewing all the questions can be abit of a turn off. I did try spend a little time on each question at the end to make sure I had chosen the right one, so I dont think reviewing them all would have made me change any answers.

By the way, this was my first MCP exam as Ken mentioned. How long does it take for the MCP ID and access email to come through roughly? and is it sent to the email I would have used to book the exam with?

Thanks again guys!

13. Qs

Between 24- 48 hours ish for the email.

Register for your welcome pack and you'll recieve that in about a month (as it comes from the US).

Once you have your MCP ID you can log on at http://mcp.microsoft.com and do lots of cool things though, like print off certificates, transcripts, get logos etc.

Enjoy :)

Qs

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  14. slr

slr Bit Poster

Thanks for the fast reply Qs! Just what I needed to know

15. Qs

No worries. :)

16. DaveyB1981

DaveyB1981 Byte Poster

Yep usually comes pretty quickly (generally by the time i have sat my exam got home and checked my email its there!

The email would usually be sent to the account given when booking the exam.

Dave

17. StormTHX

StormTHX Byte Poster

Congrats on the pass and good luck with 272! You are right about how cool and supportive everyone here is.:thumbleft

Certifications: MCDST, MCP (210), A+, ITIL Foundations
    WIP: Taking a break then onto MCSE