Passed 70-271

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by Fanatical, Apr 7, 2008.

1. Fanatical

Fanatical Byte Poster

Passed today with 783! Chuffed to bits as I wasn't sure how well I was doing at all! plus I'd finsihed the thing with an hour to spare. I actually spent 60 seconds waiting until exactly the hour mark to finsh my test exactly at 1:00:00 but fluffed it as I forgot the revie section would be next!

So going to get work to book the 272 in a month or so's time...

Certifications: A+, MCDST
    WIP: MCITP: SA
  2. sunn

sunn Gigabyte Poster

Congratulations :)

3. derkit

derkit Gigabyte Poster

well done Fanatical - nicely done

Certifications: MBCS, BSc(Hons), Cert(Maths), A+, Net+, MCDST, ITIL-F v3, MCSA
    WIP: 70-293
  4. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Congrats!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  5. quackers

quackers Nibble Poster

What exactly is the pass mark in the proper exam? I'm getting 86% in the ms press exams and still failing :dry

Certifications: Degree, A+
    WIP: CCNA, MCDST
  6. Johnd76

Johnd76 Megabyte Poster

Congrats with passing the exam!............the pass mark is 70%

Certifications: MCP, MCDST
    WIP: Not a thing
  7. quackers

quackers Nibble Poster

Are you sure? How come the mark is so high on the ms press exams?

8. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Actually, it's not necessarily 70%... it's 700. But on a scale from what to what? 0-1000? 100-900? 300 to 983? Microsoft isn't saying, nor will they.

Additionally, there may be questions that are worth more points than others, or may provide partial credit. Thus, it is not useful to assume that if you get 70% of the questions correct, that you will pass.

The best thing you can do is to study until you understand the concepts completely. That said, if you're getting 86% on the MSPress exams, you'll likely do well enough (assuming the MSPress exams are of similar difficulty to the live exam - no idea if they are or not).

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  9. quackers

quackers Nibble Poster

Thanks BosonMichael, i'm right at the end of the ms press book and just watching some videos at the moment. I want to book this test and get it out of the way this month if possible.

I'll have another go of the ms press exam today and see what i get