Passed 601

Discussion in 'A+' started by supernova, Oct 22, 2008.

1. supernova

supernova Gigabyte Poster

After lots of procrastinating, because i suffer from social anxiety, i booked the exam last week and didn't tell anyone.

Sat the exam this afternoon, after almost getting thrown out of the buildings entrance by a security guard who thought i was a drunk off the street. (I'll have to not wear my old jeans, old leather jacket and have a hair cut /shave :oops:)

anyway i passed.

Score 845/900

I have proven to myself i just need to go for it and stop worrying all the time. I feel more confident in getting things done with regards to these certs.

PS it was the first time in 2 years that i had been on a train :oops: but it felt good.

Andi

Certifications: Loads
    WIP: Lots
  2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Well done on both counts. I have a friend who has social anxiety issues, it's all about confidence with him (maybe you are the same). I try to tell him not to care what other people think about what he is doing and looks like and that's what I'd say to you wether that helps or not I don't know.

But well done on passing and getting there :)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. Markyboyt

Markyboyt Kilobyte Poster

Congrats on the pass dude, am glad you managed to overcome your anxiety and go there. I don't really understand this social anxiety but surely thats got to give you something to look back on for reassurance next time.

WIP: A+
  4. Dullage

Dullage Byte Poster

Well done Andi, two big achievement's in a day there mate. I used to have big problems like that, I know what it's like.

Keep going for it mate and it will all become easier :D

Certifications: A+
    WIP: Network +
  5. Stuka

Stuka Nibble Poster

Well done mate. I've got my 601 this Friday morning.

I'm a little like you, I get terribly nervous and I tend to keep stuff like exams to myself. I think mostly due to the fear of failing...

How did you find the test, then? How much time did you put into revising for it?

Certifications: IT 2:1 Degree, A+, N+, MCDST
    WIP: MCITP
  6. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Congrats on the pass :biggrin

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  7. supernova

Thanks for all your support guys and girls

It wasn't as bad as i thought, i got a bit panicky over a few things but managed to recover my confidence and get back on track. I thought the questions and answers were clearer than the practice questions i used. Maybe I had the luck of the draw.

I was a little annoyed that my mouse wheel didn't work..LOL

I spent a lot of the last week revising.

Andi

8. supernova

If you done all the revision you can, go for it.
    I was quite prepared to resit if I had to.

just do your best.

Good luck

Andi

9. Stuka

Stuka Nibble Poster

Cheers Andy.

Well, not long now before I go under the guillotine, or so to speak.

No revising tonight, though. I want a clear head. Instead, I'm off to play football :)

Certifications: IT 2:1 Degree, A+, N+, MCDST
    WIP: MCITP
  10. del_port

del_port Byte Poster

i barely done any revision,and passed,i was very calm in the exam room,the only thing i was worried about was doing 100 questions in 90 minutes,and i done the lot in around 70 minutes.

As i said before, i feel one or two questions in every ten is difficult, and worth reading twice,the rest you can read fairly fast as there isn't a lot to them,two or three sentences,quick answer and onto the next question.

Certifications: A+ and MCDST 70-271
    WIP: mcdst 272
  11. sunn

sunn Gigabyte Poster

Congrats on the pass... :)

12. albertc30

albertc30 Kilobyte Poster

Well done mate. Just started A+ myself after getting annoyed waiting for my college to get back to me about my CCNA that unfortunately is left at halfway due to not enough students so A+ it is and then Network+ until I get back on track with my CCNA but everything points to start it from scratch and at home. Well done on the achievements mate.

Certifications: CCNA
    WIP: 220-701 - A+
  13. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Congrats!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  14. supernova

Cheers

Yeah i passed (low ish mark) a mock exam for 601 and 602 before i started, but i have worked in IT years ago so its not as if its all new to me. however, with my issues i found myself revising to put off taking exam. But i will always make sure i do a lot of work regardless because if I do something i do it aiming for 110%

I still worry about which questions i got wrong and there answers, any way of getting that information?
    Results sheet only has sections they belong to. Still waiting for backoffice access from comptia

Andi

15. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Considering the horrible problem with braindumpers out there, what do you think the answer to that question is gonna be? :D

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  16. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

you should have got a list at the end of the exam where it tells you what areas you answered incorrectly on but it won't tell you what the question was or the correct answer.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  17. supernova

Yeah, but i cant tell which questions i got wrong because i thought i answered them all right .LOL

yes I know where your coming from.

18. The Zig

The Zig Kilobyte Poster

Well done, fella!
    Congrats!

Yeah, I was curious about what I got wrong.
    Ah well... No-one's perfect, and the pass is what matters, eh!

Certifications: A+; Network+; Security+, CTT+; MCDST; 4 x MTA (Networking, OS, Security & Server); MCITP - Enterprise Desktop Support; MCITP - Enterprise Desktop Administrator; MCITP - Server Administrator; MCSA - Server 2008; MCT; IOSH; CCENT
    WIP: CCNA; Server 2012; LPIC; JNCIA?