Passed 601

Discussion in 'A+' started by Pady, Jan 16, 2008.

1. Pady

Pady Nibble Poster

Well i finally got round to sitting my first A+ exam, was litterly still reading the final chapter of Mike Meyers book an hour before the exam started :)

I had been doing a very good test engine from testsnow.com which has 600 questions in its pool which helped to no end as to how questions are worded and picking out trick questions, or questions where your initial answer is not always the most obvious solution. it helped me to no end.

Still, cannot grumble as i did very well in the exam with a solid score of 900 :) yay for me lol.

going to get the boss to book my 602 for next week as have still got the book contents fresh in my head ans would be a shame to waste it.

Certifications: A+, See Sig for HW Certs
    WIP: Network+ & MCP 70-270
  2. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Congrats on the pass! :D

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  3. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Unfortunatly the site you have mentioned is a braindump according to cert guard, please be aware using braindumps if caught can get you de certified for life.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  4. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

Hate to say it, but "that" site mentioned is a known braindump according to CertGuard. Your pass may not be an accurate assessment at all...

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  5. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Congrats anyway, sounds like an honest mistake.

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  6. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

It does sound like a honest mistake, but you will want to stay away from that practice software in the future, CertGuard is a good way to check what your getting for your hard earned cash :)

Sorry if im putting a downer on the pass, but hopefully it'll help you out in the long run. :)

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
  7. Pady

Pady Nibble Poster

bummer - i actually purchased this on ebay :(

makes me glad that i actually read the book before taking the test. will be a bit less nieve in the future.

Certifications: A+, See Sig for HW Certs
    WIP: Network+ & MCP 70-270
  8. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

Its not a total loss, if you've read the book from cover to cover, im sure you know alot of the stuff anyway :) Just steer clear for the future! :) Good luck with the 602, its much the same as the 601 :)

9. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Congratulations 8)

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  10. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Keep in mind that the legit practice exam vendors don't allow resale of their products on eBay (except by authorized vendors, and there are exceptionally few of those). So if you see a practice exam on eBay, either it's illegal cause it's a braindump, or it's illegal because it can't be resold by end users.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!