Passed 272 now MCDST

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by DWD_DRAYTON, Feb 14, 2011.

1. DWD_DRAYTON

DWD_DRAYTON New Member

So glad it's over. I found studying for it excruciating. The content was so frickin dull.

I found the exam harder than 271 (100 points less on my score) which I found easy. I think that's mainly due to the fact I wasn't as meticulous in my study of it as I was with 271. 271 was the first Microsoft exam I have taken and I over studied for it. After starting study on 272 I found it boring really quickly, and thought I didn't need to study as much, so I didn't.

There were a lot of questions I wasn't prepared for despite doing well on the trancender questions. I managed to get enough to pass though, so I'm a relieved man! No more reading up on Outlook Express and memorising security zones and privacy settings for me!

I got 54 questions anyway for anyone that's curious. It seemed to go on forver as my 271 only had 40 questions. My appointment email from Prometric advised my appointment would last 3 hours. Two and a half of those were for the exam. I finished in around an hour after going over my marked questions.

Onwards and upwards now. I'm aiming for MCSA, 70-290 up next. The logical next step is 70-270, but I can't face it right now, I am so tired of reading about Windows XP. No more! MAKE IT STOP!!!

This forum has been useful in helping me pass both exams so thanks y'all.

Peace out

2. Gav

Gav Kilobyte Poster

First of all, congratulations!

Secondly, why don't you do the 70-680 (Windows 7) or the 70-620 (Windows Vista) exam instead of the 70-270? Both count towards the MCSA but, unlike the 270, give you a certification in their own right (MCTS) and are much more relevant :D

3. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

well done. i think going for the 70-270 is the right thing to do since xp will still be around for years to come and you will have another mcp, then you could do the mcts exams afterwards.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  4. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Congrats on the pass. :thumbleft

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  5. Waria Ahmed

Waria Ahmed Byte Poster

congrats on the pass mate!

Certifications: See Signature
    WIP: MCITP: Enterprise Administrator
  6. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Congrats!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  7. reddevil12

reddevil12 Megabyte Poster

Congrats on the pass m8 :clap

Certifications: a+
    WIP: 70-270 / 70-680
  8. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

EDIT: Double post

Last edited: Feb 14, 2011
    Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  9. willolpl

willolpl Bit Poster

Congrats on the pass:D

Certifications: CompTia A+, MCP, MCDST
  10. DWD_DRAYTON

DWD_DRAYTON New Member

Thanks guys.

I think I'll stick with the 70-270 plan for now, after I have hopefully successfully completed 290 and 291. I reckon that I will probably be able to pass 270 with little or no work using the knowledge I have gained from passing MCDST and the two server exams. That'll complete the MCSA which is my big goal for the year. I hope by this point I'll be doing more 3rd line stuff in my job and that I won't be so interested in Windows 7 exams so much. My next goal after MCSA will be CCENT then full CCNA. Maybe after all those chickens have hatched I will do the windows 7 exams for a little fun!

11. Kopite_21

Kopite_21 Gigabyte Poster

Congrats on the pass! :D

Certifications: National Diploma IT Advanced ECDL
    WIP: A+
  12. Craig Mc

Craig Mc Bit Poster

Congrats on the pass I think I'm going to book the 70-271 for the start of March myself :twisted:

Certifications: MCDST, HND Technical Support
    WIP: MCSA, Bsc. Computer Networking
  13. karan1337

karan1337 Byte Poster

Congrats!

Certifications: MCP, MCDST, MCTS, Brainbench: XP and Vista [Master]
    WIP: Bachelors:Computer Science