Passed 210

Discussion in 'Windows 7 / 8 /10 Client Exams' started by Mark, Sep 3, 2003.

1. Mark

Mark Bit Poster

I did my Win2k workshop last week at NITLC, took the test on Friday afternoon and passed. When taking mock tests before the exam I was usually completing them in about an hour, when it came to the real thing, it took me 2hrs 15 mins. But I did read all the questions really carefully, about 5 times each. The problem was all the questions were so long winded, I found it mentally draining, trying to sift the out the relavent information. I'm doing 215 now, then 218 and last N+ to get MCSA.

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCSA+M, MCSE:2000
  2. SimonV
    Honorary Member

SimonV Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Good Work Mark, Congrats on the pass :cheers2 . Update your profile now and show off your new certs.

SimonV

Last edited: Jan 2, 2015
    Certifications: MOS Master 2003, CompTIA A+, MCSA:M, MCSE
    WIP: Keeping CF Alive...
  3. Phil
    Honorary Member

Phil Gigabyte Poster

Congrats mark, well done. You've more of the long winded questions to come I'm afraid, MS doesn't believe in short questions :) :study

Certifications: MCSE:M & S MCSA:M CCNA CNA
    WIP: 2003 Upgrade, CCNA Upgrade
  4. Nelix
    Honorary Member

Nelix Gigabyte Poster

Congrats are in order.

What was the exam like, do you know of any prep tests that are similar to the actual thing?

Certifications: A+, 70-210, 70-290, 70-291, 74-409, 70-410, 70-411, 70-337, 70-347
    WIP: 70-346
  5. Sandy

Sandy Ex-Member

WELL DONE

That first MCP is a great feeling. Soon you will have the keys to the secret MCP website, a nice badge (but never worn), another plastic card to fill your wallet, a certificate to frame and a retail therapy opportunity from Mr Gates :!:

What study materials did you use and what is next on the menu :?:

6. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Good Job, Phil...and well earned. MS is notorious for long winded questions. One of the study strategies is to learn the ability to quickly dismiss the irrelevant details from what you actually need to know. Stuff like "Joanie from ABC Corp in Miami, a company the produces inserts for orthopedic shoes...", which doesn't make a bit of difference. Just hone in on stuff like, "...needs to know how to set up WINS services on a server that was just upgraded to Server 2003. Should she a. "Do this", b. "Do that"...you get the idea.

Careful how you answer questions about the nature and details of the exam. You did "sign" a non-disclosure agreement" after all. While braindump participants don't consider this agreement a barrier, it's better not to even accidently "let the cat out of the bag".

Again, well done. :)

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  7. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

EXCELLENT NEWS, Mark (MCP 210) !!!! :P

Onwards and upwards mate.
    :P

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  8. Mark

Mark Bit Poster

Thanks everyone. Yep, it is a great feeling being part of the club (MCP that is). Now for the next club MCSA!
    I was a bit worried when some people had said they had failed it and Microsoft had changed the format. But like a lot of people have said before, if you know your stuff your gonna pass.
    Doing 215 now, eat, breath and sleep active directory.
    I used the Microsoft book, which was a bit boring, I also used cramsessions.
    The Transcender tests are quite realistic.
    I was used to long winded questions but nothing really prepared me for how long in the real thing, really saps your concentration.

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCSA+M, MCSE:2000
  9. flex22

flex22 Gigabyte Poster

Congratulations Mark.

Can we have a discussion about techniques for passing the exam, as in technique for answering questions.

10. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

Nice one.

Feels good doesn't it?

Just think, as you get through more and more M$ MCP exams the questions get longer and longer and longer etc. Yawnsville.

But hey well done and have a beer or two or three.

Andrew

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong
  11. Luton Bee

Luton Bee Kilobyte Poster

Congratulations Mark, weclome to the MCP club (sorry but no really special benefits from Redmond!)

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA, MCP, A+, Network+ C&G ICT
    WIP: CCNA
  12. Sandy

Sandy Ex-Member

Luton Bee

Have you logged into the right webpages? There are 1000's of goodies that MS send :!:

13. jcourtenay

jcourtenay New Member

Certifications: MCP(210,215,216,217)
    WIP: 70-218