Passed 072-271

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by anto6ik7, Nov 12, 2009.

1. anto6ik7

anto6ik7 Nibble Poster

Hello Everyone,

I took the academic exam for 271 this morning and passed it. It was my first Microsoft exam and I am really happy that I did not fail my first exam. :D

I would like to thank everyone who has helped in my learning. I really appreciate help.:)

I would like also thank people who helped to change my mind and go for mcdst first (not server side without basic knowledge :oops:).

Thanks to everyone, :D

Antons

Certifications: MCDST, 70-290
    WIP: MCSA
  2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Congrats!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Congrats mate. :biggrin

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  4. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Well done just hope you did the 70-271 and not the 072-271 whatever that is :)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  5. Cedric3000

Cedric3000 New Member

Congrats :)

6. anto6ik7

anto6ik7 Nibble Poster

Hi,

The numbering system of exams was confusing for in the beginning. I found that 072-271 exam is absolutely same as 070-271. However, it is academic title of the exam. Microsoft gives 55% discount for students. So it was really cheap. :)

Thank to everyone for nice words,:D

Antons

7. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Congrats!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  8. lynamcool

lynamcool Bit Poster

hi

congrats on your pass, if you dont mind me asking what did you score out of the 1000 ?

were the exam questions like the objective review and transcender questions? (if you used it)

Did you have job experience to help you or did you just use virtual labs and the ms press book? also for how long did you study?

i wish i could say i passed too but my nearest test center its fully booked for the remainder of 2009 :blink lol January 2010 for me hopefully!

again congratulations on passing :D

Last edited: Nov 13, 2009
    WIP: MCDST
  9. anto6ik7

anto6ik7 Nibble Poster

Thanks lynamcool :)

I have scored 799. Not very happy about the score. :dry

I used mainly Microsoft book for my studies. I have also used Microsoft e-learning. Search for "Clinic 2263: Exam Preparation for the MCDST Certification". It is study material for mcdst for free.

I also practised quite a lot with review questions. I hated the actual exam on the cd. :x

I think review questions are closer to the actual Microsoft exam:)

I am in a placement atm. So i am doing quite a lot of user support that helped me a lot. :D (only 3-4 actual experience)

My preparation process took me ages. it was my first Microsoft exam. So i was a bit nervous to miss some areas within my learning.

Good luck with your studies and exam.

I have seen you have been already doing a lot!:)

Thanks,

Antons

10. lynamcool

lynamcool Bit Poster

thanks for replying, you have done everything i am doing right now lol :D i just hope its enough as i have been

doing this for about 6 months now because i have no job experience sadly

not a bad score i think for your first exam :)

are you moving on to 272 next?

11. anto6ik7

anto6ik7 Nibble Poster

Thanks,

You are right, i am moving on to 272. I will appreciate any advice. :)

12. Trogdor

Trogdor Kilobyte Poster Gold Member

Congratulations on the pass. Don't wory too much about the score - the only bad score is a failing score. The 272 is considered by many to be the easier of the two exams. You will notice (especially if you get the MS Press books) that there is quite a bit of overlap. There are whole chapters of the 272 book that are identical to the 271 book. There is a lot of emphasis on Outlook and IE, but if you passed the 271, you shouldn't have much trouble with the 272. Best of luck.

Certifications: A+, Network+, Server+, PDI+, MCDST, HP APS Server, HP APS Desktop / Laptop
    WIP: ITIL, CCNA, MCSA, and BSc
  13. lynamcool

lynamcool Bit Poster

is there many questions on excel formulas in the 272 exam? im not too good on them lol

14. Trogdor

Trogdor Kilobyte Poster Gold Member

There are no objectives for the exam which test you on Excel formulae. For a full listing of what the exam covers click here.

Certifications: A+, Network+, Server+, PDI+, MCDST, HP APS Server, HP APS Desktop / Laptop
    WIP: ITIL, CCNA, MCSA, and BSc
  15. anto6ik7

anto6ik7 Nibble Poster

waiting for Microsoft book delivery. :)

starting next week my preparation :D