Pass rate for the A+ exams

Discussion in 'A+' started by tysfoot, Nov 17, 2008.

1. tysfoot

tysfoot Byte Poster

Hi,

Just a general question.

Does anyone know what the pass rate for any of the exams for the A+

Also from the people who have done the exams would you say they are difficult exams or not, obviously am sure people will agree or disagree with the answers on this

Certifications: A+
    WIP: MCDST, N+
  2. del_port

del_port Byte Poster

I gave you the figure in your other thread,i didn't make the figures up out of the blue you know the figures were from my exam.

Do you want the exact percentage point within 70% to 75% ?I haven't seen anyone mention the precise figure on this board.

The exam is reasonable in terms of difficulty,i'm expecting the microsoft mcdst ,which i'm doing just now,to be a lot tougher than the A+ exam.

The pass mark is 675 points out of 900 points,as i said before if you answer 84 questions correct out of 100 you will be around about 675 points.
    This is all for the first exam the 601.

Certifications: A+ and MCDST 70-271
    WIP: mcdst 272
  3. tysfoot

tysfoot Byte Poster

Sorry, i didnt make it clear. i didnt mean the pass percentage i mean the pass rate, what percentage of people pass this exam and what percentage fail.

Am just trying to work out if the pass rate is high, say 95% i would say either the exams are esay if you fully understand the reading materials or only really clever people take the exams :D

4. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

While I can't say exactly, I believe the last class of approx 30 people (last year) that did the A+ course, 5 people needed to resit. Based on that & that years class alone, it has approx a 83% pass rate. Hope this helps :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  5. r.h.lee

r.h.lee Gigabyte Poster

tysfoot,

Generally speaking, if you earn a high enough score to pass then your pass rate is 100% or else your pass rate is 0%. :tongue

If you're well prepared then the exams should be easy but if you're not prepared enough then the exam will probably be difficult, once again generally speaking. :)

Certifications: MCSE, MCP+I, MCP, CCNA, A+
    WIP: CCDA
  6. del_port

del_port Byte Poster

Okay,sorry i misunderstood your question.

I would think the pass rate of all those taking the first exam, 601 ,is fairly high,the exam could definetely be a lot tougher than it actually is,it's probably set at just the right level for everyone,beginners and experienced people.

Another example of how many are passing,when was the last time someone failed in the A+ forum?,everyone is passing by the looks of it.

Certifications: A+ and MCDST 70-271
    WIP: mcdst 272
  7. tysfoot

tysfoot Byte Poster

Yeah thats what i mean, i remember going to see a tutor about a cisco systems course a few years ago and he said the pass rate for that course was less then 50%, that put me off so i didnt do it which i later regreated :x

83% doesnt seem to bad, thats what i was expecting that figue to be, but thats one class from many

8. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Why does it matter what the pass rate is?

I am sure Ken will be near the right mark since he teaches these sort of subjects.

As long as you pass should be your main concern.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  9. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Well, technically, the pass mark is 675 with a range of 100 to 900... so an 800 point spread. If the 100 points are "freebie points", then you need another 575 out of 800 points.

And, as usual, no discussion of percentage scores on these forums would be complete without mentioning the possibility of partially correct answers, weighted questions, and unscored beta questions, all of which will make any attempt at figuring the percentage more-or-less irrelevant.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!