Pass marks

Discussion in 'Network+' started by twizzle, Mar 7, 2006.

1. twizzle

twizzle Gigabyte Poster

I know this has been covered before but please help clear it up once again for a dumb old FUB....

If the net+ pass mark is 554 then why am i failing practice tests using www.masterexam.com (comes with the meyers book) when im getting scores of 744? or if i use the exam cram tests i get 80 to 86% as a fail when they say 87% is the pass mark??

Surley 554 is less than 87% of the marks if its 554/900 as seems on comptias site. Then that also means a mark of 744 is a semi-decent pass using Masterexam.

It doesent help judge if i know the stuff enough for the real exam when im confused over this...

Certifications: Comptia A+, N+, MS 70-271, 70-272
    WIP: Being a BILB,
  2. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

Twizzle,

The reason being, the test preps are designed to help you pass the real exam. If the pass rate was the same as the real exam it gives you no tolerance for a tough exam! If you can get 80-90% on most test preps then even a real hard exam shouldn't fail you.

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  3. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Wow, I remember when the pass mark for the Network+ was 646 (or there about). :biggrin

Basically the exam sims that you're using is there to encourage you to study more. By setting the mock exams harder to pass when you actually take the real exam, you shouldn't have that much of a hard time.

After all, what would you rather face, hard mocks/sims then face an easier real exam or would you rather have easier mocks then a hard exam. After all you don't know what questions they are going to throw at you, so you'll have to know your stuff when you take the exam.

Hope this helps alittle.

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  4. twizzle

twizzle Gigabyte Poster

So what your saying is that my scores mentioned are pass scores??? only askin as i plan to take the exam at end of month and feel my main let down is the OSI (starting to get it) and protocols (knowing which are connecton orientated and what layers they operate at).. the rest is there for deffinate.

Certifications: Comptia A+, N+, MS 70-271, 70-272
    WIP: Being a BILB,