Pass CCENT this morning...

Discussion in 'Routing & Switching' started by gosh1976, Nov 15, 2010.

1. gosh1976

gosh1976 Kilobyte Poster

I took the ICND1 this morning and passed with a 937!!!

I studied very hard for this exam and I am pretty darn proud of my score. I used a number of different resources for this exam which I think was pretty important. Resources I used included Todd Lammle book, the Net Acad curriculum, CBT nuggets, an element k course that I had access to through ACM. The Boson exam was also a great help in my studies. I used packet tracer, worked on the real lab equipment at school, used the online access to the lab equipment and used the virtual labs in the element k course. I should have used the real equipment more as I got in the bad habit of using the nifty little cheats in packet tracer. You can't hover over a router or switch in the exam or in the real world to see the ports and IP addresses and you can't see the blinking green lights if you are telneted into a router remotely!

I think it was invaluable that I can subnet quickly in my head. I could pretty much do this before I ever started studying for the CCENT and I practiced it for hours and hours and hours in the first couple of months of study for this exam.

Certifications: A+, Net+, MCDST, CCENT, MCTS: Win 7 Configuring, CCNA
  2. Simonvm

Simonvm Kilobyte Poster

Congratulations, moving on to the ICND2 immediately?

Cheers, S

Certifications: MCITP: EST, MCDST, MCTS, A+, N+, CCNP, CCNA Wireless
  3. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Congrats!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  4. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Congrats on the pass :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  5. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

Congrats!

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  6. Kopite_21

Kopite_21 Gigabyte Poster

Congrats on the pass! :D

Certifications: National Diploma IT Advanced ECDL
    WIP: A+
  7. BosonJosh

BosonJosh Gigabyte Poster

Congrats on the pass!

8. gosh1976

gosh1976 Kilobyte Poster

Thanks everybody! and @Simonvm The Cisco Net Academy is part of my University degree program so I've already been studying some of the ICND2 objectives. I have until August to pass the ICND2 for the program so I might try and make use of one of the second shot MS vouchers first. I'll be studying the CCNA material the while time though!

Certifications: A+, Net+, MCDST, CCENT, MCTS: Win 7 Configuring, CCNA
  9. LukeP

LukeP Gigabyte Poster

Congrats on the pass! :D

WIP: Uhmm... not sure
  10. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Congrats!

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  11. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Congrats mate :biggrin

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs