Packet Tracer

Discussion in 'General Cisco Certifications' started by eric54, Jan 11, 2009.

1. eric54

eric54 New Member

Hi all

I am currently studying for my CCNA and using Packet Tracer along with a basic home lab. Is there anywhere I can get Packet Tracer files to import rather than build networks from scratch?

Thanks

2. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

Not sure why you would want to do that - most of what you gain from packet tracer would be in setting up the network to start with. Anyhoo, first Google search i did came up with this site. Might be useful to you.

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  3. eric54

eric54 New Member

Thanks. I did a quick search of Google and couldnt really find anything. I know I should be setting up myself and have done plenty. Was just looking for a quick solution if needed

4. albertc30

albertc30 Kilobyte Poster

Packet Tracer? I must say that I am terribly disapointed with it, keeps crashing on my PC like every 5 minuts the darn thing... not happy...

Certifications: CCNA
    WIP: 220-701 - A+
  5. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

More likely to be your PC fella - I've had packet tracer labs up for literally days on end in the past without any problems - on various PCs.

6. r.h.lee

r.h.lee Gigabyte Poster

eric54,

Are you a student or alumni of the Cisco Networking Academy?

Certifications: MCSE, MCP+I, MCP, CCNA, A+
    WIP: CCDA
  7. LukeP

LukeP Gigabyte Poster

Hey

No offence but what difference does it make? I really don't like this particular response in regards to Packet Tracer.

It's like when someone says that a movie had crap storyline and asks for opinions in regards to the movie, and then gets a response: "Did you see the movie in the cinema?","Did you purchase original DVD?"

What if he is a student of Cisco Academy? Will you tell him where to get those files?

Again, no offence meant

Regards

WIP: Uhmm... not sure
  8. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

The question was asked because if Albert ISN'T a student of the Cisco Academy then he is using Packet Tracer illegally - as only members of the Cisco Academy are permitted, by license, to use Packet Tracer.

RH Lee was probably a little nonplussed as to why Albert (if he were enrolled on the CCNA Academy) hadn't used the numerous example labs and scenarios provided by Cisco themselves. I think its probably because Albert has gone through all those labs already and is looking for more labs to practice on - right Albert?

Not that hard really to figure that out - and your cinema/DVD analogy makes no sense at all.

No offence.