Outsourcing qualification launched

Discussion in 'News' started by Kitkatninja, Nov 25, 2008.

1. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Outsourcing qualification launched

An academic qualification in outsourcing is now available through the National Outsourcing Association (NOA).

The qualification has been in development for three years and is accredited by Middlesex University. It will enable businesses to benchmark skills and help them recruit and train individuals that will manage outsourcing contracts.

Demand for outsourcing is growing and suppliers and users of outsourcing services want best practices guidelines.

According to Gartner, there will be £180bn worth of IT outsourced in Western Europe by 2011. In the UK, research firm Nelson Hall said there was $3.6bn worth of business processes outsourced overseas in 2007. It said this will grow 25% every year and reach $8.8bn in 2011.

Read the whole article here.

You can see the prospectus here.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
porta2_tags:

Comments

1. BosonMichael
      BosonMichael
      The training products are being written, but they're delayed due to being developed by an outsourcing company. :twisted:

Sorry, couldn't resist. :p
    2. UKDarkstar
      UKDarkstar
      I could see something like this maybe getting included within ITIL
    3. damo101
      damo101
      the courses appear to be non-technical and seem to be £2100 ( or £1595 with membership ranging from £200 to £1500) - not too sure if they'd be worth it, or more importantly if employers could be convinced to shell out for it:rolleyes: Possibly better off splashing out of some citrix training?
      Suppose it's one of those things where there's no benefit to be on the "bleeding edge" to use a w@nkspeak term!
    4. Kitkatninja
      Kitkatninja
      I can see the usefulness of this qualification, considering that we support 2 other organisations (they've outsourced their IT requirements, we've picked it up). I may end up doing the foundation part, but we'll see.

The undergrad certs are lower than a HNC, but they do sit at level 4 of the NQF/level c of the FHEQ (as they are under the required 160 points for a HNC). And the NOA Diploma gives 60 credits at Masters level, making it equal to a PGCert.

-Ken