Outlook problem

Discussion in 'Software' started by Alex Wright, Sep 4, 2007.

1. Alex Wright

Alex Wright Megabyte Poster

When I minimize Outlook the application closes\logs out which is a bit annoying. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Alex. :)

Certifications: 70-680 Configuring Windows 7
    WIP: 70-642
  2. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

are you sure it closing, or is it minimising to the system tray?

I think we're going to need a bit more information on this before we can help. What version of outlook are you running (Express? 2003?), are you getting any error messages when you minimise?

Have you checked the event logs to see if there is anything in there regarding it? Is it still running in the task manager?

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  3. Alex Wright

Hi Fergal1982,

It's definitely closing and not minimizing to the system tray.

The version of Outlook is 2003, and no it's not still running in the task manager.

Alex

4. Fergal1982

it could be any number of things if its definately closing and not producing any errors, etc. I would still double check the minimise to tray function (Right click on the outlook system tray icon and make sure the 'Hide When Minimised' option isnt ticked ) - it could be that it is actually ticked and is just causing some problem thats forcing a termination.

Alternatively, try running a detect and repair from the Help menu.

beyond that, the information isnt specific enough to really narrow the problem down much. Have you tried the usual diagnosis stuff (Try it on a different outlook profile, try it on a different user account on that machine). What about other applications etc? I assume that this only started recently, whats changed about the setup?

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
  5. Alex Wright

Hi,

Detect and repair worked a treat. Thanks for the pointer. :D

Alex

6. Fergal1982

no problem.