Outlook 2010 still unable to render HTML

Discussion in 'Software' started by Gav, Jun 24, 2009.

1. Gav

Gav Kilobyte Poster

For Outlook 2007, Microsoft switched to the Word rendering engine for Outlook e-mails. Anyone who has ever tried to open a html document in Word will know just how bad an idea this was.

It's still the same in Outlook 2010, but there's a campaign to get Microsoft to sort it out.

[​IMG]
    Click to enlarge.

http://fixoutlook.org/

2. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

I must admit outlook is the one ms product I'm glad I don't have to support anymore, its absolute rubbish. It has this problem as you say and the PST thing used to drive me nuts (so so flakey). why on earth did they think it was a good idea to use word as the default html viewer, madness.... (walks off to lovingly stroke his groupwise installation disks).

Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
    WIP: Nothing
  3. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Pity nobody uses Groupwise anymore. :wink: :biggrin

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  4. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

We do, still very much a novell shop, granted edir and netware are looking rather long in the tooth these days the basic premise of which pre-dates AD.But groupwise as an email client is amazing (and secure).:biggrin

Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
  5. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

I've always found the integration with third party applications into Novell\Groupwise to be a pain in the neck. LDAP isnt as easy as just selecting 'Active Directory' and other applications that need email integration just dont work unless I set up a basic POP3 config onto the Groupwise server.

Each to their own, I only support a handful of Novell networks in comparison to MS. 8)

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  6. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Uh...at work I do. :oops:

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  7. The_Geek

The_Geek Megabyte Poster

No issues here using Thunderbird or Evolution........but I'll refrain from the shameless Linux plug here......:twisted:

Certifications: CompTIA and Micro$oft
    WIP: PDI+
  8. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

freddy, is that you??:twisted:

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  9. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

Hmm thats true, but we see that as an added bonus dont want any old application hooking itself into your email client merrily banging out emails until someone pulls the plug.

I suppose most 3rd party apps are set up for AD and exchange just because its what most people use, doesnt mean that its a "standard" just because software writers create apps tailored to AD.

Not wanting to get into an argument or anything cause we are talking about email clients and I actually prefer AD as a management structure, so if I could work somewhere that had AD and groupwise as the client I would be a happy and stress free man.

10. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

I have no particular love for Outlook, but in an all MS environment linking into Exchange, it's sooo easy to support and just works really well.

I wouldn't want to support it in an non exchange setup though. *shudders*

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada
  11. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

Groupwise is similarly simple, you just point the app at the ip addy for the PO (when its installed)and the user taps in their username and password(could be the same as their login details but we enforce different ones), bam email-a-riffic.

12. The_Geek

The_Geek Megabyte Poster

No, he's the master. I'm his padawan. :twisted:

Certifications: CompTIA and Micro$oft
    WIP: PDI+