Outlook 2010 issues

Discussion in 'Software' started by Chopperchand, Feb 8, 2012.

1. Chopperchand

Chopperchand Nibble Poster

Hi,

We have just had to do a quick fire upgrade to exchange 2010. as the server was being moved to virtualisation and exchange 2003 is not support by Microsoft in Virtualisation. issues with web access

The problem we seem to be getting since the upgrade however is that users have seen that emails are just sitting in the outbox and not disappearing. The email is getting sent.

I thought it might be PST file related....but it is now happening to user who have exchange mailbox's setup in outlook as well. Is this an outlook problem or does something in exchange need changing?

Thanks

WIP: MCSA Sql Server 2012
  2. Toasty

Toasty Byte Poster

Hi, have you configured a send connector for outgoing email and added any smart hosts.

See here for more details Exchange 2010 configuration

Regards

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCDST, MCSA
    WIP: MCSE, CCNA
  3. Chopperchand

Hi,

Was not involved in the setting up of exchange as had external company come and set it up,

However we do have a send connectors setup and it is routed through a smarthost which is connected to our external mailcontroller.

The emails are being sent, just not moving out of the outbox in outlook.

4. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Are you using Outlook 2003 mate?

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  5. Chopperchand

Hi Sparky....on some machines yes, the others have outlook 2010. Strange thing is I get the problem with outlook 2010 only!!!

I have got a solution tho

I moved the users from PST to mailbox, and the users who where on the mailbox already and the ones I moved. I ticked the "Use Cached Exchange Mode" under setup.

Problem solved....:D

6. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Nice one mate :)

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  7. Lovetas

Lovetas New Member

nice post, i was having problem in installing exchange 2010.
    thanks , this help me alot

Certifications: IDCS