Out of the Darkness ..... (new job)

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by PaulC, May 16, 2007.

1. PaulC

PaulC Nibble Poster

Well, without going into all the details on this new thread, you can read all about it in two older ones.

The job I got

2 Weeks In ...

Well, it got worst and worst and worst. As I advised in the 2 Weeks In thread, some of the company went into administration and I was left with little support to do. I've been there 5 weeks now and have probably done in total 5 days max of IT support. For the last 2 weeks I've been a Warehouse Manager/Receptionist (no really!!). So i decided to do something about it as i just couldn't stand it anymore.

Just as I put my CV back out again, a company I had been interviewed for in February got in contact. They'd kept my CV as they'd been impressed and now had a position more suited to my skills than the one they had in February. I had the interview last week and got offered the job today, starting after my holiday on 18th June.

The new job is a small IT firm who support a number of businesses in the north west. Mainly finance based ones. So support ranges from everything from phone based to hands on to server and exchange and web servers etc .... It sounds really good, after my last little disaster I made sure I got lots of information off them in the interview, they're a growing concern and adding more clients to there list so now looks like a good time to get in.

So, I'm feeling really happy at the moment. Just got 2.5 weeks more working here and two relaxing weeks on holiday and I'll be ready to go! Hopefully as it's more or less 'dropped into my lap' this isn't too good to be true. However I got really good vibes from them in February and was disappointed they didn't take me on then, so very happy now.

Certifications: MCDST;MCSA: Messaging;MCSE
    WIP: CCENT
  2. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

Sounds good mate, well done on actually going for it, its a shame that the first job wasnt great but fingers crossed for the next! :)

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  3. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Sounds great!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  4. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

Congrats on landing the job. It all worked out in the end cheerio:biggrin

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  5. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Congrats on the new job mate :biggrin

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs