Other Design Certs?

Discussion in 'Design' started by Ka151, Apr 10, 2007.

1. Ka151

Ka151 Bit Poster

Hi does anyone know if Cisco plan to extend their design portfolio, and perhaps concentrate on the design or certain intelligent services such as QoS, IP Multicast, Security, HA etc.

Or even a CCIE in Design would be interesting.

Also can anyone recommend other design certifications that might be good possibly from a vendor neutral perspecive, im not so keen on having Cisco all over my CV.

Any news or inside knowledge?

:p

Certifications: MCP, CCNA, CCDA, CCNP, CCDP and CISSP
    WIP: ITIL Red Badge & a fresh challenge
  2. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

There used to be a CCIE in design, they phased it out due to lack of uptake

I think a CCDP with a IE in an applicable subject should be sufficient

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  3. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

What he said. :)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  4. Ka151

Ka151 Bit Poster

ok fair comment a CCIE would be nice, i take it you two are working on them?

What i really wondered was whether anyone had any views on any other non-Cisco or even possibly a vendor neutral one is worth persuing.

Yes i know you only need type cisco in a job search and its a given thats what people look for, but come on the Cisco means and methods of design, do shall we say, leave a bit to be desired.

5. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

No, I'm not. I'm not even remotely ready for it.

I disagree. I've seen their design methodology work and work well.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  6. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

I did my CCIE written exam back in the 2001 sort of timeframe but never got round to doing the lab
    i dont do enough cisco work at the moment to even keep my NP/DP current so they have expired to
    I think for me having the knowledge is good enough, I'm looking to go down the MCA track now instead as its a lot more general architecture, and from what i have seen with the CCIE these days (i've met paper CCIES!) a bit more credible too (but its new, that could change, i think its peer review will steady its course though)

And I aggree with Mike
    Ciscos methodologies are tried tested and proven, to the point that other vendors reference them in design blueprints and best practice guides

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  7. Ka151

Ka151 Bit Poster

Fair comments:

See my other threads:
    http://www.certforums.co.uk/forums/thread16608.html

Wondered whether there were any other Design certs available non-vendor specific, be nice to have a rounded off CV and not so heavy on the Cisco, just in case things change.