os in 5 days seriously what can I expect

Discussion in 'A+' started by skulkerboyo, Jan 22, 2007.

1. skulkerboyo

skulkerboyo Megabyte Poster

Passed hardware some time ago going for the os on friday. The hardware was not what I was led to believe it would be what can I really expect on this one-materials used-Examcram2, Dummies and testout plus various practice exams and guidance from uber geek friend who has MCSE but hasnt done the A+

Certifications: MCITP:SA, MCSA 03, MCSA 08, MCTS(680+648),A+,N+,ITILV3 Foundation, ITIL Intermediate: Operational Support and Analysis
    WIP: 70-417
  2. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

I used the Mike Meyers book/CD - which gave me a very good idea of what to expect.

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  3. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Harry's spot on about the Mike Meyers A+ book. It's still the best in the business.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  4. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

I had a friend who used the Dummies book and failed twice. Shell shocked her so much, it took her a couple of years to try again, along with a bunch of prompting by me and my advice to use Mike Meyers A+ All-in-One Exam Guide. She passed after using it.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  5. skulkerboyo

Yeah the Meyers book seems to be/have been the way to go I'll let you know how I do without it and dont worry I'm not dumb enough just to use a dummies book (not implying anything about your friend or women-hey someone chuck me a spade cant you see I'm digging a hole) it was about a £1 on amazon so I thought every little helps. The exam cram is good but is just that. A Cram book. testout gives you the hands on element which is invaluable but its expensive. I've learnt my lesson from scraping through the hardware with a score in the 600's and have read voraciously around the subject I was just wondering a few things like how network heavy are the exams these days and any other specifics or tips people can give. not so confident after the hardware fiasco which was surprisingly network orientated- every little helps guys thanks in advance

Certifications: MCITP:SA, MCSA 03, MCSA 08, MCTS(680+648),A+,N+,ITILV3 Foundation, ITIL Intermediate: Operational Support and Analysis
  6. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Bad material can be worse than no material at all, especially if it provides misinformation.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  7. skulkerboyo

Well will do my best with what I have and if I fudge it then Mikes the man but dont worry with regards to the dummies book I wrote that off after the hardware hopefully I'll be in the microsoft forum in a few days

8. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Good luck mate :biggrin

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  9. Malnomates

Malnomates Megabyte Poster

I don't want to sound impertinent here but what were you 'expecting' on your core exam?and why was it a fiasco?

Certifications: A+ Network+
  10. skulkerboyo

its cool basically the exam might as well have been a basic networking exam even had a q on netbeui but from what I can gather there is alittle crossover between the two exams-keeps you on your toes-just out of interest how mny of you guys passed first time or is that another thread