Oracle11gR2 DataGuard

Discussion in 'Other IT certifications' started by babyxyll, Mar 9, 2010.

1. babyxyll

babyxyll Banned

Oracle11g, the most attractive feature is the Active Data Guard, that is, the physical library open read only prepared at the same time, you can apply log.To enable this feature is very simple, first of all to ensure that compatible = 11.0.0.0 above, and then open read only the implementation of the state can recover managed standby database disconnect.Open the properties can be open simultaneously the best real-time logging application, in order to reduce the standby delay between the databases of the data, so prepare a good base to add standby logfile:

recover managed standby database cancel;

alter database open;

alter database add standby logfile group 10 ('/u01/oracle/oradata/test/stbredo01.dbf') size 100m reuse;
    alter database add standby logfile group 11 ('/u01/oracle/oradata/test/stbredo02.dbf') size 100m reuse;
    alter database add standby logfile group 12 ('/u01/oracle/oradata/test/stbredo03.dbf') size 100m reuse;
    alter database add standby logfile group 13 ('/u01/oracle/oradata/test/stbredo04.dbf') size 100m reuse;

Preparation of library and then placed in real-time log application:

SQL> select open_mode from v$database;
    OPEN_MODE
    --------------------
    READ ONLY

SQL> alter database recover managed standby database using current logfile disconnect;
    Database altered.

SQL> select open_mode from v$database;
    OPEN_MODE
    --------------------
    READ ONLY WITH APPLY

In the main library to create a test table and insert the data:

SQL> create table ningoo.test_table(i int);
    Table created.

SQL> insert into ningoo.test_table values(1);
    1 row created.

SQL> commit;
    Commit complete.

SQL> alter system archive log current;
    System altered.

2. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

Welcome to CF! 8)

3. babyxyll

babyxyll Banned

Thanks.

4. GiddyG

Now, perhaps you'd like to introduce yourself in the New Members part of the forum... :)

5. babyxyll

babyxyll Banned

ok, i will.

6. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

sniff sniff... is that SEO I smell? :badi

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  7. GiddyG

I believe it is BM. I saw the self-same user and post on Techexams after their initial post here, but with additional data pointing to a BD.

8. BosonMichael

And I saw that same post... which pegged my spammometer. ;)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
  9. babyxyll

babyxyll Banned

I am new to here. i don't know any rules. but this article is typed by myself. maybe you don't like it or you didn't use it.

10. BosonMichael

But when you have a history of posting random and irrelevant Oracle posts and appending a braindump to the end, shouldn't that be cause for suspicion?

Please. I was born at night... but not last night.

11. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

The night before? :twisted:

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  12. BosonMichael

Obviously baby seems to think so. :rolleyes: :biggrin

13. GiddyG

To be honest, I didn't understand it, but it did look like spam, to be honest. That said, I also frequent TechExams, as you're now aware. You gave extra info on TechExams that mentioned a Braindump. If you don't know what a Braindump is, take a look at Certguard. I gave you the link in my reply on the other site.

14. babyxyll

babyxyll Banned

Am i wrong if i want to share my experience and get more advices from others?
    Should i just share my success when i pass the exam? Is this forum just for this.
    I have to say i am very sad to hear your guys saying that it's a spam. I am sure you don't learn any knowledg about Oracle Database.
    If you can frequently go to techexams, why can't i? Nobody has just one forum.
    If you notice that what i sent are the same topic of Oracle 11g. Are you the manage? if you are, i suggest you get more knowlegde about IT Certs first, then come back again.
    Now i already bought Q&As from <snip> no link, because nobody will believe it. just wait my success.
    You are all wrong

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2010
  15. babyxyll

babyxyll Banned

Did i spam anything? or i wrote something wrong in my article?
    Nobody seems to know any knowledge of Oracle, why you guys say many other things here?
    If i am a spam, what are you two guys? just one ask, one anwser.

16. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

There is a well known site called certguard, you've probably heard of it? Well look at what comes up when you put in exambible:

http://www.CertGuard.com/Search.asp?Site=exambible.com

Good luck with trying to keep hold of your certifications once the truth comes out.

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  17. BosonMichael

And... there's the braindump spam. I figured it would happen eventually. :rolleyes:

18. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

We're too tolerant of this s*** round here. Can't we just ban his a55 and have done with it?

If it looks like spam, walks like spam, and talks like spam - it's spam.

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  19. derkit

derkit Gigabyte Poster

<zeb in baseball bat welding mode>

<\zeb has now hit out>

Certifications: MBCS, BSc(Hons), Cert(Maths), A+, Net+, MCDST, ITIL-F v3, MCSA
    WIP: 70-293
  20. BosonMichael

Looks like they don't care much that the forum is being played, eh?