Oracle

Discussion in 'Other IT certifications' started by FreeSurfer, Dec 9, 2010.

1. FreeSurfer

FreeSurfer New Member

Hi Im looking at doing training in Oracle , has any one done this and at what price?? Any help or direction appricate.

2. michael78

michael78 Terabyte Poster

Oracle training is very expensive. I think last time I looked it was around £5k+ for one course. Probably one of the more expensive certs to do by far. If your going to do Oracle I would do a lot of prep first. There is a reason Oracle professionals get paid a load of money as from what I gather it's not one of the easiest subjects to master.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP | MCDST | MCTS: Hyper-V | MCTS: AD | MCTS: Exchange 2007 | MCTS: Windows 7 | MCSA: 2003 | ITIL Foundation v3 | CCA: Xenapp 5.0 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator on Windows 7 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician on Windows 7
    WIP: Online SAN Overview, VCP in December 2011
  3. dmarsh
    Honorary Member 500 Likes Award

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

Oracle cert exams are pretty cheap, but they are also pretty tough, not much chance of passing unless you really know your stuff, which if you need a course I guess you don't.

Lots training around, never taken any professional training myself (only college use on my HND and hands on at work) but know few people that have.

4. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  5. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Things might have changed, but right after I got certified, Oracle required that you take at least one Oracle University course to qualify for the OCP certification. You could still get the OCA cert without a course.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  6. nypdz

nypdz New Member

i would suggest going in for the Oracle Certified Expert OCE 1z0-047 and then doing the OCA 1Z0-052.
    anyway you have to go through 2 exams to get to OCA. Buy doing the 047 you also get certified as sql developer.
    also. this exam is a pretty tight. i flunked bad first time and will be giving it in a couple of weeks..
    unlike other companies. oracle really sucks your blood out of the certification. so prepare really well.

7. dmarsh
    Honorary Member 500 Likes Award

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

Thats correct last time I looked, I was assuming the person wanted OCA.