Options

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by zxspectrum, Jan 27, 2007.

1. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Terabyte Poster Forum Leader Gold Member

Id be lying if i said i want to move into computers for the love of IT. I do like IT very much and i think its going to evovle in a great fashion over the next ten or twenty years.

Mainly the reason is money, i know it can be good money if you put the work and effort in, inlike being a mechanic, which is a thankless job and the money is poor.

Which is why i decided to go back to uni in sept 2006 im doing a degree in computing and informations systems etc. We had a conference the other day about choices etc. When i first started life as a student i liked the idea of fixing computers, but as ive got into dreamweaver and Visual basic and the fixing computers bit is taking a back seat.

What im asking i spose is what would people think i should take, im sure you all have opinions, and your input will be appreciated .

Eddie

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680
  2. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

First question: why did you pick IT as a career? 8)

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  3. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

He said it was for the money.

My advice would be to get out of IT and pick another field. If you don't truly love it, and you're just doing it for the money, you'll be far surpassed by those who do, I promise you.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!