ONLINE TRAINING?

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by pctech64, May 5, 2008.

1. pctech64

pctech64 New Member

:unsure........... Hey guys!.............Could be a daft question!? but is there an online training course that's any good?......I would like to go back to college but due to my financial difficulties..again! the courses at my local college are as of yet out of my reach..:( boo hoo! I've sen a few online & had a quick snoop so to speak but they seem to be a bit dodgy.........any help on this matter please!.........many thanx

Certifications: CISCO hardware & software(IT essentials)
    WIP: more certs! internet marketing.
  2. sunn

sunn Gigabyte Poster

You might want to provide some more information. I'm thinking you're talking about a tech course / certification (if not please provide more info).

I guess it really matters on what course and training material you're referring to. Self study is an option for most courses. Actually, I can't think of any tech courses that don't apply - but there might be something I'm not thinking about. :blink

3. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

If you've got financial difficulties, self-study is definitely the way to go. :)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  4. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Yep self study is the way.

When I was first thinking of getting certs I was under the impression that you had to do a course to be able to take an exam and get a certification. A lot of people also think this but you don't.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  5. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

I agree - if there are financial constraints then self-study is far and away the cheapest option!

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  6. pctech64

pctech64 New Member

Ta for the reply.........as for the self taught..YEP! have been doin' that for yonks!!.........(if you know what I mean?)....cheers..

Certifications: CISCO hardware & software(IT essentials)
    WIP: more certs! internet marketing.