Online poker

Discussion in 'Gamers Hangout' started by zebulebu, Nov 7, 2006.

1. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

So - anyone on here play online poker?

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  2. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

I have played a few practice hands, but not for money though.

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  3. SimonV
    Honorary Member

SimonV Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Yeah, I used to play for money a while back. I won a little bit but then lost it again.

I once saw a TV program where a women played poker full time in the day and was a student in the evening. She could earn anything from 15 to 20K a year from playing poker 8 hours a day.

Certifications: MOS Master 2003, CompTIA A+, MCSA:M, MCSE
    WIP: Keeping CF Alive...
  4. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

Not me, I can't keep a poker face whilst playing

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong
  5. drum_dude

drum_dude Gigabyte Poster

I'd just lose all the time...I'm shite at gambling :(

Certifications: MCP, MCSA 2000 , N+, A+ ,ITIL V2, MCTS, MCITP Lync 2010 & MCSA 2008, Sonus SATP SBC 1k/2k
    WIP: Hopefully Skype for Business and some Exchange stuff...
  6. G1BB0

G1BB0 Nibble Poster

I played for money earlier this year, uploaded 20 quid - converted to dollars

won approx 80 quid in 30 mins, went to work pleased as punch.

came home and lost the lot in about 10 minutes, uploaded another tenner and promptly lost that!!! Didnt tell the missus lol

uninstalled the software and never played since :)

WIP: N+ & CCNA
  7. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

She doesn't read these threads does she? :D

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  8. tuvanit

tuvanit Nibble Poster

I don't like this kind of entertainment!

Certifications: 70-270, 70-290
    WIP: MCSA 2003
  9. Lord Deckard

Lord Deckard Byte Poster

I've played a bit of Texas Hold 'Em online on the Xbox 360. I've never played poker before so thought I'd have a go, even bought a book to learn the ropes! Once I'd got the hang of the game playing against the computer, went online and bloody hell was it a shock!
    You're not playing for real money but I quickly met (and was utterly crushed!) by some very good and very aggressive players. I ain't got much better but I still like to play now and again, it's good if you can get a few mates into a game but a game against random strangers can really get the old adrenalin going.
    I have no intention of *EVER* playing for money ;)

Certifications: A+, MCDST
    WIP: N+ and CCNA
  10. fortch

fortch Kilobyte Poster

I used to play a lot. However, I believe poker is a very 'human' game, to which the art of bluffing and such is only fun on a live table. It's fun to play online, but I like to measure up my competition -- and that's impossible. Too many skilled players like plucking the low-hanging fruit of beginners and posers.

Also, playing poker is nothing if you aren't playing for $$$. If you've got nothing to lose, then you never learn defensive strategy. Money just makes it a real game, and that's why I avoid it these days -- my money has better uses than ending up in someone's pocket (that doesn't necessarily need it).

Lastly, I'm a bit miffed for poker taking up ESPN airwaves (major sports network). When I can't watch a great football/baseball/hockey/basketball game because they're showing a tournament, it makes Fortch bitter :oops:

Certifications: A+,Net+,Sec+,MCSA:Sec,MCSE:Sec,mASE