one more to add to the list

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by majid08, Jan 8, 2008.

1. majid08

majid08 New Member

Hi all,

Im majid just to introduce myself..i havent got any certifications under my belt, i failed my GCSE'S in high school and so started from the very very bottom with a GNVQ foundation in IT at college, moved up to do a GNVQ intermediate in IT, and then a BTEC national certificate in IT..although even that wasnt enough to get into uni..and so i got a job as a security agent for the international consultants of targeted security worked that for two years in the process going to iraq and getting shot and sleeping through explosions...and now ive started my quest to get back into the IT field by doing the CIW with skillstrain...

seems to be going ok as im plodding along at my own pace apart from the fact that support is non existent even with the countless emails i send to my tutor who meant to help! but eh just read extra texts i other books and surf the web for the information i need and i dont need this so called tutor..

sorry for the long intro and my quality of english...i hope to share experiences and read up the experiences etc of others

WIP: CIW
  2. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Hi and welcome to CF!

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  3. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Hi Welcome

I have a bit of of a similar experience to you.

I left School with my highest GCSE grade being a D, I went to a YTS scheme and did NVQs level 1 & 2 in 6 months instead of a year. So I ended up thinking maybe I have a bit of an apptitude for IT, I went to college and did an advanced GNVQ in IT which got me into uni where I did a HND in Business Computing.

Although I am still trying to get a job in IT, I am now studying for the A+

If you have any questions ask a way. :D

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  4. rax

rax Megabyte Poster

Welcome.

Just remember to put the past behind you. I didn't exactly "excel" in school, not because I couldn't but because I wasn't interested. Though this is made out to be the "be all and end all" when you're still there, I can assure you it's not(though I'm sure you know this already).

I had a friend who actually done GCSE's, Highers and then Advanced highers and finally went to Uni to do mathematics. He dropped out later in the year because he was "fed up" studying and got himself a job working in a bar. He's keen to get into web design but seems to have no motivation to do so and has now got himself a job working in a pc store.

For a period I wasn't working and just sat playing my pc all day, every day. This used to annoy him greatly, especially as he was going to school and then going home to study for more hours each night. I remember he once said to me "You've got it lucky right now but I'll have the last laugh". He's still a good friend but we both got our new jobs in the past few months and I'm earning more than him.

He got himself advanced highers and i got myself GCSE's, which don't count for much, look who's laughing? I'm on my way into a career I want and he's selling hardware for a company :p

Certifications: ITIL v3 Foundation, CompTIA Network+
  5. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Hi & welcome to CF :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  6. majid08

majid08 New Member

thanx guys, its great that this place exists..after reading a load of posts about the CIW with skills train its not looking good..oh well im not really doing it to get a job its more of a work my ass off as a security agent n save what i can and then build a business from one of the crazy ideas ive had type situ...looking at the skills im learning at the moment in this first folder i think it'll come handy..i hope

7. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Hi there and welcome to CF 8)

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  8. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

Welcome to CF! :biggrin

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  9. Becki

Becki Byte Poster

Heylo and Welcome!

Becki x

Certifications: NVQ IC3 A+ Network+ MCDST MCITP MCTS Vista & 7
  10. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Welcome!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  11. Luddym

Luddym Megabyte Poster

Welcome the the asylum. :twisted:

Certifications: VCP,A+, N+, MCSA, MCSE
    WIP: Christmas Drunkard
  12. majid08

majid08 New Member

thnx dudes and duddetes..nice to hear from u all