One exam at Prometric, one at VUE?

Discussion in 'General CompTIA Certifications' started by gdev, Dec 29, 2011.

1. gdev

gdev New Member

Hi,

I am studying towards A+ certification. I have taken and passed the Essentials exam (701) at a Prometric testing centre.

It's now time for me to take my Practical exam (702), but the Prometric testing centre I used before seems to have closed, or be unavailable.

The next best centre for me to use would be a VUE testing centre.

Is it OK for me to take the one exam at Prometric and one at VUE? Has anybody had any problems doing that?

Many thanks.

2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

I did that when I sat the A+, the only thing I had to do was contact Comptia to merge my accounts (records of my exams) afterwards as they didn't automatically merge.

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. gdev

gdev New Member

Thanks for that! Off to book the exam...

4. BosonJosh

BosonJosh Gigabyte Poster

Yep, there's nothing stopping you from taking an exam at either provider. I regularly change providers based on availability, and, knock on wood, I haven't had any problems yet. Good luck!

5. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Good luck :)

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security